Wide grab bars and bumpers

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
jesshamner

#1 Post by jesshamner »

Do any of you have or know if PRM made desert grab bars for Cannondales or ATKs? They have an ATK link on their homepage but they don't list that specific product. I will probably shoot them an email to see if its possible to get one. I'd really like to have one that dropped a couple inches.

Also, I have read some threads about bumpers from other quads fitting, or at least coming close to fitting on ours. Has anyone actually tried this? The last I read, I thought someone said the yfz bumper was really close. If anyone has both quads, would you be willing to try them?

UpsMan

#2 Post by UpsMan »

I think I have one just like your picture but it is for a cannondale. I'll go find it and checkk.

Canniboomer

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

PRM made 2 or 3 versions of rear grab bars, but they quit doing that about 4 years ago.
They also made rear skidplates and front bumpers.
I had tried 2 years ago to get them to make something we really DID need,...namely Heel Guards.

But they nixxed making ANYTHING again, and complained they never sold enough for even the known smaller population of Cannondales....the quality of our stock components is just too good, and when these outfits just assume that a new owner will automatically change everything (like we all tend to do with a new Honda or Yamaha),......well they were wrong!

UpsMan

#4 Post by UpsMan »

[attachment=10688:0930101923.jpg]

I was wrong. This is what I have. It is easier to grab that a stock curvey grab bar, but not as nice as the one you pictured.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

I have one I believe.Get back to you.

jesshamner

#6 Post by jesshamner »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Sep 30 2010, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[attachment=10688:0930101923.jpg]

I was wrong. This is what I have. It is easier to grab that a stock curvey grab bar, but not as nice as the one you pictured.

Yeah wide is nice especially when its really muddy.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Here is what I have.Is a grindspot on bottom to clear stock toaster seam.Cant see it when its on.
[attachment=10689:Bumper.jpg]

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

That looks like AC Racing.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Not sure.It doesnt say anything on it.Now that you mention wide is better I am not sure why its not on my quad.Could have used it last weekend tongue.gif

jesshamner

#10 Post by jesshamner »

Use it! I would like to find a PRM. Not sure if any exist at this point. Maybe mydreamride and joep could come up with something similar. Their work looks good.