Prototype seat?

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Is this Cannondale or aftermarket.See the difference?Way better since the plastic sides cush some of the seatpan side and should prevent the foam from forming those little pieces that show through regular vinyl.I want more!Anyone know where to get them?I got this off Ebay a few days ago.

Comparison
[attachment=10816:Moto_seats_001.jpg]
Prototype?
[attachment=10817:Moto_seats_002.jpg]
Original seat like all others I have seen
[attachment=10818:Moto_seats_003.jpg]

MX Quad Dad

#2 Post by MX Quad Dad »

our Moto came with the glassyer looking sides. We got the moto one or two days after the first batch of Moto's were shipped from the factory. being january when we got it the cold was bad for it, it cracked on both sides. I called cannondale and they sent me a complete new seat and told me they knew of the problem and when the updated one was made they would send me one of them (which they did)

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Dang, so it was actually a early seat. Thats a bummer but I do remember seeing alot of aftermarket seat with the plastic sides cracked as you say. Will watch out in cold. Thanks

speedracer

#4 Post by speedracer »

Can't you just get a foam company to cut some foam to your specs? There is a custom foam shop in my area that makes custom foam from boat seats to dining room chairs. I think some extra padding would be nice where your knees are located while riding. I can bring them a seat I have and see what the can do if you would like.

MX Quad Dad

#5 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I think he was talking about the cover.

the origonal Moto seat did look nice and cleaned up easy. I never put either of the new seats on the quad so, not sure how the up-dated one cleaned up but, the ones I did see looked pretty scuffed up. My son didn't like the gripper seat so we just replaced the original seat cover with one from Grave's.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Cover and foam are junk on Moto/Blaze seats. Love the look but hate the stuff since it doesn't hold up. I don't mind the gripper but I also wouldn't miss it if something better was out there. I guess riding others quads with Quadtech seats has spoiled me. May have to adapt one. Since they seem to hold up very well.

MX Quad Dad

#7 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Have you tryed these

http://www.gravesmotorsports.com/5101/5122.html

They used to make cannondale seat covers. told me they did custom work when asked about making a cover for our moto. but they allready had the pattern. ours has held up nice. not a lot of use the past two years but first few were very hard

2000ex

#8 Post by 2000ex »

Graves makes great covers. Company called Jetrim actually makes the covers for Quadtech. I agree with Steve, best looking factory seat covers are the moto/blaze. If we can find a top quality repro of them I would be in for at least 2 of them

jinx44

#9 Post by jinx44 »

I have 3-4 of those seats with plastic that I got from a guy that raced Blazes. I thought they were standard until I bought my moto and it had the new style. BTW, the plastic is all horribly cracked on the seats I have.

jacobw

#10 Post by jacobw »

verde powersports i see makes foam for alot of other models maybe they have the specs to make cannondale foam since they already make cannondale covers