Heel guard fender gap

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
BlackToothGrin

#1 Post by BlackToothGrin »

I have AC nerfs with heel guards and was wondering what to do with supporting the rear fenders and possibly closing the gap between them at the same time. I was thinking of cutting up the original foot baskets and bolting it up between them but it doesn't seem like it will work because the basket is formed with a 90* in the vertical section and the nerf heel guard is flat. Has anybody already tackled this and if so can you post a pic? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

MX Quad Dad

#2 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I haven't done anything with aftermarket nerfs. I did make differant heel gaurds for my sons Moto nerfs.

it is just a flat aluminum plate with large holes drilled in them and slots toward the rear for netting which I had made to angle up towards the sub frame where the heel gaurd was mounted.

The main reason we did it was because the factory heel guards would fill up and it would restrict foot movement, not to mention the weight that was added by the end of a moto

BlackToothGrin

#3 Post by BlackToothGrin »

I figured a piece of aluminum would probably be the way to go. Thanks.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

The AC nerfs with heel guards the heel guard does support the rear fender.Not sure I understand what you want.Are you saying you need the heel guards?

rayspeed

#5 Post by rayspeed »

There are at least three styles of ac's...
The ones that work with the factory heel guards and pegs
Ones that have their own full heel guards that reach up the fender
And ones that have a partial heel guard that do not reach the fender
For those I modified a set of front fender supports by welding a square nut to one and the other worked as is to keep the fender from cracking. Filling that gap would be a challenge at best...
I had a set of all three different kinds and not sure which set I sold right off. I may have the set that come with their own heel guards, pro pegs and fender supports that I can part with.

BlackToothGrin

#6 Post by BlackToothGrin »

Sorry C27, I should have been more specific. Here's what I'm working with...

[attachment=11555:IMG_0452B.jpg]

Thanks Ray, but these nerfs are fine. Just in need of a little modification. Thanks for your input also. I do still have all the rear supports but if I remember correctly, correct me if I'm wrong, they were for the foot basket which was bolted to the fender.

Canniboomer

#7 Post by Canniboomer »

I have a couple pair of the rear fender supports, for when running without the stock baskets or with aftermarket nerfs. Or you can re-use the upper horizontal wires and end-tabs from the stock footbaskets.....yep, those rear fenders need support out there, to prevent the common stress-cracking at the inner mount holes.

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

Why on earth would they ever make heel guards with a 6 inch gap between them and the fender? Are those for a cannondale?

2000ex

#9 Post by 2000ex »

Those are, I have a few of that style. You could drill a few holes in the nerf and use a piece of aluminum to bolt to the nerf then to the fender.

BlackToothGrin

#10 Post by BlackToothGrin »

Yes, they're fore Dales. I got them from BW in 06'.