BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM MAT!

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
Dude54758

#1 Post by Dude54758 »

Well in my quest to hopefully quiet this mutha down i have tried several things. Got some of the wacker goop from my old dealership. Laid down .5 inches inside the cover. I also took and sprayed another .5 inches or so on the outside cover. Hoping to get this down so i cant here the noise while i ride. Will post video video when installed in bike this weekend. I will say the boom mat on the outside is kinda a splatter finish but meh if it shuts the bike up then its good for me.

r.porter

#2 Post by r.porter »

I hope you did not really put 1/2 inch inside the cover! There is not that much room and the internals will just eat it off. It will clog up the oil passages and that would not be good!

Dude54758

#3 Post by Dude54758 »

QUOTE (r.porter @ Aug 25 2011, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope you did not really put 1/2 inch inside the cover! There is not that much room and the internals will just eat it off. It will clog up the oil passages and that would not be good!

It might not have been that thick but i saw no interference with the cam gears when i spun it over. Its pretty thin right at cam gears as well. i took cover off no evidence anything was touching. The boom mat is advertised to take of 10-12 db so i am hoping between the two products there is a drastic difference.

NRath

#4 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (Dude54758 @ Aug 25 2011, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wacker goop... boom mat

What exactly is it?

Quiet is definitely GOOD!!

Dude54758

#5 Post by Dude54758 »

Boom mat is a spray on sound deadner. Wacker is a maker of a silicone gasket maker used on many Ford oil pans. Wistech posted about it years ago.

jinx44

#6 Post by jinx44 »

One of my bikes has a sticker on the side cover and it has been coated with something and it is NOTICEABLY quieter than my other bikes. This bike was already updated when I got it, so I have never been into the engine to see if the coating is just on the outside, or inside as well.

SRP I think is what the sticker says? I loaned the bike to a friend last year, and he lives 2 hours away, so no way to verify exactly what it says at this time.

Dude54758

#7 Post by Dude54758 »

Operation STFU DALE was a semi success. While not as quite as i had hoped it is quieter. Most notably is the lack of ring or resonance. Its more of a thud now or bass like noise. All and all its better. I guess earplugs are in order.

I did find out that Jess is one lucky dude man. He should get down and kiss the ground...why you ask.......every single hose that carried fuel on this bike was swole and split threw to the inner fiber. Tey all leaked when i hooked them back up and 2 of them gushed. Your lucky my friend.