Proto-type Plastics

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
1ORMOTO

#1 Post by 1ORMOTO »

Does any one know where the molds are for early fenders and other body parts for the ATV's. Also who owns the molds for our current body-work. Robert

yamadjs08

#2 Post by yamadjs08 »

Weren't the original plastics made by Cycra?

If I remember correctly the original molds were destroyed or broken after the bankruptcy.

Sadly the 2004 prototype plastics never made it into production, so I don't believe there were ever any molds made. Maybe I am wrong though.

Kuma

#3 Post by Kuma »

That's too bad, looks like they copied Kawasaki's idea for the removable front fenders for the race cut wink.gif

Nate992v

#4 Post by Nate992v »

Those look pretty nice, for sure.

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Mar 18 2013, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's too bad, looks like they copied Kawasaki's idea for the removable front fenders for the race cut wink.gif

You're not serious are you? LOL

I personally think the prototype fenders are awful...unless you're a huge robocop fan.

yamadjs08

#6 Post by yamadjs08 »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Mar 18 2013, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I personally think the prototype fenders are awful...unless you're a huge robocop fan.

Im sure that is sarcasm, I would hope so anyways haha.

I think they would look great if they had smoothed out the sharp edges by the tank and left the lower air scoop off the front. I just love how the side plastics show more of the frame.

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

I don't know. The headlights look too far apart because they are so narrow. And they look like they would be worse than the sick lights.

kfxbryan

#8 Post by kfxbryan »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Mar 18 2013, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jess, I think they did copy Kawasaki.

MX Quad Dad

#9 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Mar 18 2013, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think it looks like robocop,,,,,,,,,maybe his dog????? really the only part I don't like is the hood/airfilter cover. but I would imagin if they had come out with it someone would have made a better one, probably with a scoop. also don't know why they think the quad guys need them knee knocker ridges on the side.

speedfreek

#10 Post by speedfreek »

Personally for me the lights look ok. I'd prefer not to have lights at all on a quad since I don't ride at night and they look better without them anyways.