250R Kits

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
who_gives_a6

#1 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Is there any interest in these at all from members on here?

I have a legit Walsh kit and plan on putting together a duplicate for my other quad but with better dimensions than the Walsh setup. Just picked up a new tig welder so I'm kind if itching to do something other than just repairs on car parts and such.

Would anyone else be looking for a kit? I figure while I've got everything setup I could put together a few though it may be a few months before they become a reality. The kits make a huge difference in handling but the tanks are much smaller. It's a costly conversion since you need a new seat, plastics, etc too so everyone knows. I can't stand a stock CDale setup after riding the 250R conversion.

cannonman

#2 Post by cannonman »

I would be as long as it's cheaper than the actual Walsh kit, good lord they were expensive.

ShifT714

#3 Post by ShifT714 »

I am absolutely in for one!!.... Or another. The one I have now is a knockoff n the welds scare me, tank sits high also. Let me know numbers when you know!

450blaze

#4 Post by 450blaze »

Count me in

cannonman

#5 Post by cannonman »

Any progress on these?

who_gives_a6

#6 Post by who_gives_a6 »

I'm looking into putting something together but as said it would be months out. Too many projects going on now. Just was gauging interest.

ShifT714

#7 Post by ShifT714 »

These kits gonna work with the stock rear shock? I thought I heard the Walsh kits required a remote rezzie rear shock?

who_gives_a6

#8 Post by who_gives_a6 »

I planned to build it to run with stock shocks if wanted. The reason the Walsh kit can't run them is the tank, not the subframe. The tanks outlet sticks down to where the reservoir normally goes. Could easily be relocsted and only a tiny bit of fuel supply would be diminished.

ScramblerXLE

#9 Post by ScramblerXLE »

What's the fuel capacity for the tank? I'm guessing this is MX use only?

who_gives_a6

#10 Post by who_gives_a6 »

You couldn't run anything but short rides on a kit. I'm not 100% on capacity of the Walsh kit but it's easily under 2 gallons. Not a lot of room to work with to add more. The idea was designed to be able to run a 20min plus a lap or so moto and that's it basically.