heel guards

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
markvette

heel guards

#1 Post by markvette »

hey guys, i kinda like to tinker and build things. i built a set of heel guards for my old warrior and they came out great lookng. a buddy of mine put the moto nerfs on his speed and his stock heel guards wouldnt work. im in the process of building him a set for his speed right now. if they come out good i will post a picture. they look almost exactly like the ones they are selling on rocky mountain atv but mine are made out of stainless steel. a buddy of mine has a sheet metal shop so i have all the tools at my disposal. i will let ya'll know how they come out when i get done with them.

LapTraffic

#2 Post by LapTraffic »

I'd really like to see em. You got picks of the ones you did on your warrior?

What made you decide on stainless and not aluminum?

markvette

#3 Post by markvette »

no pics yet. i went to buy the aluminum to make the ones for my warrior and it was about 30 bucks. i decided to go by my buddies with the sheet metal shop and build some out of sheet metal just to see how they would look. the ones out of sheet metal looked and fit good. i noticed he had some scrap stainless steel left over from a job and the pieces were big enough to make the heel guards so i used it. they look polished and they will never rust. also they wont oxidize like aluminum would. best part they were free. when i get pics i will post because i aint kidding they look real good. next i'm gonna make me some a-arm guards. another buddy has a speed with the pro peg ac nerfs. they come with aluminum heel guards and one of his has already fell off and then he ran over it.

LapTraffic

#4 Post by LapTraffic »

Hey! Free is good smile.gif

post some pics of the work when you get a chance