Frame Powdercoating

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
Psychosis

Frame Powdercoating

#1 Post by Psychosis »

This is to you guys who've powdercoated their frames. I see tons of you guys doing it but never hear the end results. How are they holding up is my main question. And I keep hearing about only heating them to a certain temp. Can anyone explain what they've been baking theirs at. Would like to get one done but don't want it becoming weak soon after.

C_dale19mx

#2 Post by C_dale19mx »

I was just in your shoes about a month ago... i just started putting my dale back together...ive got about 3-4 hours left and it'll be done..ill be sure to post pictures for you!

anyways the heat temper on the frame is 325 degrees F....i was able to have mine baked at 300 with no problems...

I got mine done in black with 90% gloss... it looks INSANE!!! by far the best thing i have done to it yet!...make sure you take step-by-step notes so you can go back and do it in reverse the same way everything came off... also where the frame ends meet... you may need to file down the powdercoat for it to fit nicely otherwise it sont fit... all in all itll be the best thing you can do for looks... by far worth the time and effort!!!

cannondalekid18

#3 Post by cannondalekid18 »

i just got mine done,by a reputable shop i told them what it was and i got it back red just like i asked, i have MXed it for about 3 hours hard, with not one prob

Ryanstones

I wanna see those pics 19mx

#4 Post by Ryanstones »

Love a sweet Cannon.

:usa

FUGITV

#5 Post by FUGITV »

i just powdercoated mine. i did 'candy blue' first color is chrome, followed by a translucent blue. i cooked it a 350 for 10 minutes each time:head:

i took the pics with my camcorder, i broke my digital camera:(

Psychosis

#6 Post by Psychosis »

How's all the powdercoated frames holding up guys? I want to get mine done but local place doesn't want to go under 400 degrees. Trying to talk them lower though. Just wanting to see if there's been any failures or anything.

FUGITV

#7 Post by FUGITV »

they're blowin smoke up your u no what. i did mine at 350 for a few minutes, and i only have one scratch on my right a-arms from LANDING on some goofy kid ridin a moto. it holds up very well:head:

hollywood43

#8 Post by hollywood43 »

Did you talk with Lo-Ko? They do real nice work.

Psychosis

#9 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by hollywood43
Did you talk with Lo-Ko?  They do real nice work.

The only places I've found downstate are good but they don't want to heat it that low but good prices and close by. I'd be open to other places as long as shipping isn't involved.

hollywood43

#10 Post by hollywood43 »

http://www.lo-ko.com/

These guys did a lot of parts (including the frame) on my Blaster and my Tecate-4. They do very nice work. I personally wouldn't even consider having anybody else powdercoat for me after seeing their work. They are very reasonable with their prices as well. The only downfall is that they're always backed up. Usually 2-3 weeks for them to finish.