seat foam ?

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
exrider

seat foam ?

#1 Post by exrider »

My seat right now is as hard as a rock...what can i do to have a plush seat? is there new foam i can buy to make it softer ? if so where ? Thanks

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

Contact Jeff Stoess (Jeff@TheQuadShop). He has a nice seat. It even reclines and massages...j/k. It is really nice though. I believe its custom made.

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

No offense, but it isn't custom it is the desert seat from www.hi-flite.com They run with the big foam and cover about $100 you can get standard foam from them for cheaper and reuse you cover. I have 2 seats one with each.

exrider

#4 Post by exrider »

how do you like the hi-flite desert seat foam and cover ?

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

No offense taken. Might as well correct me so I don't relay the wrong information. However, my main point was that Jeff knew how to get it and he is the only one that I knew of right off hand that had one. $100 bucks doesn't sound too bad for price either.

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

It was good, but what are you going to use it for? I use it when putting around, but it feels real tall when you ride on it though. Kinda feels like a banshee seat, but bigger. If you want I can post a pic later?

Jess: Sorry I just didn't want to step on your toes. I know that is also where Jeff got his seat and Rick Cecco got his for his Cannondale. The stock foam is very nice too so I don't think you could go wrong either way.

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

Derno, you're still cool in my book. Mistakes are just learning tools.

After this weekends race, I am ready to start looking for a more comfortable seat. There isn't any straight way of saying this but being secure in my sexuality, I'm going to say it. My butt was sore and still is from Sunday's race.sad.gif I might have to just get used to a taller seat with added cushion so that when I go to class monday, it doesn't look like I spent the last week in prison. :wow

exrider

#8 Post by exrider »

yea a pic would be good...the stock foam is real hard.

Derno24

#9 Post by Derno24 »

It won't be mounted on the quad, but I will get you a pic of both seats tonight.

I know what you mean by the butt thing that was why I picked up the desert seat in the first place. Something about cringing when you sit down looks funny to other people.:w:

exrider

#10 Post by exrider »

alright thanks...how much better is it than the stock seat?