battery not charging ?

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
exrider

battery not charging ?

#1 Post by exrider »

When i charge the battery all the way and put it on the quad it will start right up and the quad will run - as soon as i shut the quad off and try to start it back up it will crank slowly..not enough to start the quad. Is this problem something to do with the battery either its bad or something or is it an electrical problem- something to do with the charging system on the quad? I mean i can run the quad all day and it runs good. It's just when i go to shut it off there's not enough power to start it over or it's dead. I hope it's the battery because i just ordered a new one. Can anyone help? THanks

cdrookie

#2 Post by cdrookie »

meter it while it's running to see if it's charging. derno addressed this in another thread somewhere...

exrider

#3 Post by exrider »

can anyone else help ?

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

cd is right the battery doesn't sound like it has enough juice. you need 12.5 volts or more to get these motors going. Check connections first and then you can always get the better than stock replacment. I will track down the number later.

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

I hope you just didn't order another stock one. trust me the upgraded battery is more than worth it and we have found it for about $30 plus shipping.

CdaleRacer0128

#6 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

30 plus shipping?:wow i was bout to pay 70 for mine..then i got it for free:cool:

is this the battery with the 12 on it? haha cos thats the one i just put in my quad

666 posts im posessed:confused:

exrider

#7 Post by exrider »

yea the battery i bought is better than stock...when i put the charger on the battery i dont disconnect anything i just hook it up and plug it in? does this hurt anything doing it this way ? does anyone know what elese it could be ?

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by CdaleRacer0128
30 plus shipping?:wow  i was bout to pay 70 for mine..then i got it for free:cool:  

is this the battery with the 12 on it? haha cos thats the one i just put in my quad

666 posts im posessed:confused:

Same size as stock, but more cca's 12-bsa or something like that. I am too lazy to go look at mine downstairs.

As for charging on the quad without disconnecting you shouldn't do it that way, but I am guilty of it too. What kind of amps are you throwing at it?

Happyboy

charging issues

#9 Post by Happyboy »

What is the build date for your quad? I have read that this can be cause from the stator wire update being needed. The 2 indications of stator problems would be it shutting down and also the bad charges.....right?

Derno24

#10 Post by Derno24 »

That is a possibility too.