Favorite Handguard?

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
dopeyferree

Favorite Handguard?

#1 Post by dopeyferree »

What is everyone favorite handguards. I think I like the look of the PowerMadds but open to others possibilities

Jaybr

#2 Post by Jaybr »

Cycra Probends:)

CptHook

#3 Post by CptHook »

I was very close to getting a pair of the probends myself, until I went to a shop in my local area and I saw a pair of powermadds on a raptor and I though they looked sweet, the whole kit, mounts and guards only cost me 55 bucks, as opposed to the near 100 I was going to spend on the probends, that and I would have had to mail order them so I picked up a set for my dale, Ill post a pic when I get them on

NRath

#4 Post by NRath »

What do the powermadds look like??

I'm very happy with the ProBends. A bit pricey, yeah, but they are good handguards. The big benefit is that they don't get in the way of your hands near as bad as a straight bar would. Hard in a turn I catch myself still with my hand on the bar in the bend. A handguard with a straight bar would be soooo much worse. I'd have to guess I'd take them off. Too much of a limitation on riding position.

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

Depends on your riding. For the woods Acerbis Rally or Cyrca Pro bends. For mx powermadd. Reason those powermads will bend when I hit something hard enough. They are only supported on one side where the other guards are a continuos piece and more solid. smile.gif

CptHook

#6 Post by CptHook »

http://www.powermadd.com/product_frameset.cfm

thats thier site, powermadds actually do now make a loop design with the continuos peice of metal, and they actually mimmicked the cycra design with the bend, and its swappable from loop design to standard design, so with powermadd u can get a choice now smile.gif

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

It doesn't look like it is a one piece design only an add on to make it look like that. Still weaker metal in the middle than the cycra's/acerbis. Trust me I've crush my knuckles enough times on trees and branches that I want as big a piece of steel I can get guarding them!smile.gif

CptHook

#8 Post by CptHook »

suppose your right, tricky ********, well in that case if you want you can give yourself a false sense of security and purchase the loop design wink.gif

Derno24

#9 Post by Derno24 »

No problem looks like a good design idea though. I just know myself. Me and the trees are well acquainted!:mad:

sillysspeed

#10 Post by sillysspeed »

Originally posted by CptHook
I was very close to getting a pair of the probends myself, until I went to a shop in my local area and I saw a pair of powermadds on a raptor and I though they looked sweet, the whole kit, mounts and guards only cost me 55 bucks, as opposed to the near 100 I was going to spend on the probends, that and I would have had to mail order them so I picked up a set for my dale, Ill post a pic when I get them on

Hey CptHook, did you get any pics of those guards yet? That might be next on my list. smile.gif