AC Rear Grab Bars

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
CannondaleRider

AC Rear Grab Bars

#1 Post by CannondaleRider »

OK, Krash bought some AC Rear Grab Bars off ebay(1 Wide 1 Stock....ish) and there is a big gap between the mounts and the frame on both of them. Also, the holes on the wide one don't line up with the holes on the frame.

We got the stock type one on, the mounts kinda spread so it fit right. And I think we can grind down the mounts on the wide grab bar so the holes line up. And being that the wide one is more reinforced, will it spread out?

Whats goin on with these things, anyone else have these problems?:confused:

superfly

wide grab bar

#2 Post by superfly »

I bought a wide grab bar for 10 bucks, shipping costed more than the dang thing. I thought it was a sketchy deal at first but i got it with no dings or anything wrong with. only thing was it was like 1/4 in to narrow at the mounts but i tightened it down snug and it fits fine now. came like it was new from ac.

CannondaleRider

#3 Post by CannondaleRider »

Yeah his came in original packaging like new. So maybe we'll just grind it to get the holes to line up and tighten it up. Thanks

quadprorider

#4 Post by quadprorider »

The guy on ebay selling all those ac products works for ac. He gets all of the merchandise that ac makes that doesnt pass inspection. Therefor he gets them and resells them. Some are tweaked, some have ugly welds, some have scratches and etc. Some of them may have also been customer returns but who knows. That is the reason they are so cheap..smile.gif

CannondaleRider

#5 Post by CannondaleRider »

I see, hmmm. Maybe thats why the places where they're bent to shape look kinda crappy.

Exodus

#6 Post by Exodus »

That sounds like a typical AC bolt on to me. I havent had any thing from AC that doesnt require a comealong and a pry bar to get it on. I dont know what they do to when they build them, but dang, you would think some of the things they sell would be somewhere close to fitting. The last nerf bars I put on I literally had to use a tiedown strap to bend them far enough to get a bolt in it.

cdaleracer52

#7 Post by cdaleracer52 »

My friend bought an ac grab bar and the holes on the left side were in the complete oposite direction and the holes that were correct on the right side didnt line up very well. We had to whip out the drill and mod it a bit to fit.

CANNIBALKID

#8 Post by CANNIBALKID »

ive never did have any problems with ac products. both front and rear bumpers bolted right up! did have a little trouble with the nerfs but i was trying to mount them like the moto stockers. sad.gif

Exodus

#9 Post by Exodus »

So did you get them mounted that way? I have some AC nerfs, and am contemplating trying that. I just cant see why they didnt use that hole in frame to mount them in the first place.

quadprorider

#10 Post by quadprorider »

My nerfs mount on top of the bottom frame rail. Its right on top of the hole through the frame.