Help Me!!!

Q&A about routine maintenance.
CrazyCannondale

Help Me!!!

#1 Post by CrazyCannondale »

Jsut bought a used cannondale from my buddy 02 cannibal lwo hours on it said it hasnt had any updates or anything its all stock what do i need to do to it as far as updates and where can i get the stud kit and stuff from? Also what can i do as far as performance like air box,rims,tires,exhaust,remap
thanks
dave

Big Winky

#2 Post by Big Winky »

The best way to approach this would be to check out the guys that have posted on the site and see what they have said about the work of the motor builders, mapping people, suspension people, etc. that do/supply what you're interested in getting done/purchasing and make a decision. If you want opinions on a certain process or product, I'm sure someone will respond.

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

Where are you in VA. You might not be that far from me, you could bring it up one day and get all updates done while you wait.
Or look up Jammer72, or Jaybr, or Nrath. They are all VA boys and seem to know a little about these bikes.

CrazyCannondale

#4 Post by CrazyCannondale »

im in bedford va,roanoke va lynchburg va how far is that?
thansk
dave i may do that

also is there a way to find out what updates i need since mine is a late 02 model

Jammer72

#5 Post by Jammer72 »

If your in Bedford your only about an hour from me.Im in Chrisitansburg. I'll be more than happy to give your bike a once over to see what updates are needed. Haydug I hope I know more than a little at this point :w:

thomez

#6 Post by thomez »

Originally posted by Jammer72
If your in Bedford your only about an hour from me.Im in Chrisitansburg.  I'll  be more than happy to give your bike a once over to see what updates are needed.

In another thread, this is Dawzie
Hey sledheaded, I'm your neighbor, give me a PM, see if I can help you out.

^^^ If anyone didn't realize it already, this is what makes these things special right now. Not the fact that they are still the best even being a 5 year old design, not the fact that they are unmatched in innovation, but the fact that they have the greatest group of owners in the nation. I think we all should realize how lucky we are to be part of such a great group of guys. :clap: for both Dawzie and Jammer72, and all the other guys around here like them. This is what :usa is all about, baby! :head: Woooohoooo! :cheers:

CdaleRacer0128

#7 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

hey scott, glad to see you aboard, its Leric Lemons, hope you can bring some good info to this site along with the people who are already here! ive been referring clueless cdale riders to you all the time at the track

ill see you in a few weeks at the shop for some updates/450 kit:cool:

haydug

#8 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by mxracer
azdave,my suggestion to you would be to remove the motor and send in to either myself at champion motorsports,haydug cycles,or winkey,i am pretty sure you will be satisified with any of our work and price,I alwayse tell my customers to ship their motor in a cooler big enough to fit in so everything stays together and not damaged.

I would agree. Also, include the engine cradle. I use plastic tubs, but a cooler would work as well.
It will cost an extra $5.00 to ship in a plastic container, but I just received 2 engines that were put in a tub, then put in a carboard box, and the tubs were broken where the fine UPS workers just threw the boxes around. When you ship in tubs, they have to actually carry the boxes around instead of throwing them on the conveyor's.

Jaybr

#9 Post by Jaybr »

Crazy, I'm in Chesterfield a couple hours from you, I'll be glad to help anyway I can.

Jammer's probably closer, and I hope he knows a thing or 2 by now.:eek:

haydug

#10 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by Jaybr
Crazy, I'm in Chesterfield a couple hours from you, I'll be glad to help anyway I can.

Jammer's probably closer, and I hope he knows a thing or 2 by now.:eek:

Jammer is to worried about buying everything on ebay to learn how to work on something!! biggrin.gif
Shame Shifter won't let him have anything though. :head: