clutch losing fluid

Q&A about routine maintenance.
beefit1

#1 Post by beefit1 »

after my son was riding his cannibal the clutch quit disengaging, after inspection I found the clutch resorvoir to be empty, I then reverse bled the clutch with the syringe and magura blood. when I try to pump up the clutch it drains the resorvoir as if it were leaking. upon investigation on the web I found that the fluid is going into the tranny. It said I have a bad oring on the slave cylinder pin. I cannot locate this oring or slave pin. anyone have any ideas or photos of this. Thanks

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Never heard of a magura piston oring failing but these machines are getting long in the tooth. Take the 3 bolts that hold the slave on and push the piston back in in a vice or maybe a c clamp . Just be sure it doesnt come all the way out to the snap ring as that will blow the end of the slave cyllinder off when the handle is pumped. See if any fluid weeps out of the piston. You should also do a major adjustment on the clutch pack while your at it and check the discs and fibres for wear.

Canniboomer

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

I have those parts in stock, and the external and internal o-rings.
But the slave housing itself might be cracked -- if the clutch is too far out of adjustment, it's possible for the plunger piston to over-extend and crack,
just the same as squeezing the lever with the slave removed or with the pressure plate off.

2000ex

#4 Post by 2000ex »

I would double check the braided line as well. I had the same issue and it was a tiny pinhole in the line. That is the much more common issue as Wistech said having the internals fail is very, very rare.

Catmochanic

#5 Post by Catmochanic »

QUOTE (DidierAubin87 @ Nov 22 2017, 06:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Clutch fluid is more commonly known as brake fluid or transmission fluid. Apart from the daily usage of the car, various reasons can cause the level of the clutch fluid to reduce over time. As a result of low clutch fluid, you are likely to face problems with the transmission of the car. The gears may start behaving oddly, and the ride may become jerky.
You should learn about it and avoid this problem in the next time.

Catmochanic

#6 Post by Catmochanic »

Holy crap, where did this come from? Japan!? They are watching us...WooHoo!😁

Rally2

#7 Post by Rally2 »

Just a troll from Tokyo, France. The site is starving for action last thing we need is trolls.

bigfoot17

#8 Post by bigfoot17 »

Sure woke us up and got us posting. Kudos to him/her.

Rally2

#9 Post by Rally2 »

That's a better way to look at it! Turn that frown upside down