New Quad Prepping

Q&A about routine maintenance.
TheJaspMan

New Quad Prepping

#1 Post by TheJaspMan »

I just worked out a deal on a Cannibal. I am buying it still in the crate. The dealer agreed to sell it to me still in the crate. Does anyone have an idea how much is involved with prepping it? And how much is actually not done? Or anything I should be looking out for?

I also have the choice between the black 03 and the stars and stripes 03. Is there any diffrence? If so, what are they?

Thanks

btolenti

#2 Post by btolenti »

I have the "atv pre-delivery form" and the form which is filled out before they crate up the ATV. Let me know if you want these, and I will scan them and e-mail to you....

The LE will have the better ohlins shocks, if I am not mistaken. I believe all the silver and black models (like mine) came with the Arvin fronts and Fox rear..... You may want to check and take the ATV with the ohlins....

Also, black looks great out of the crate, but once you ride it and scratch the plastic (even a little bit), you will wish you would have taken the LE!!! At least that is what happened to me! Plus it shows some patriotism! :head:

TheJaspMan

#3 Post by TheJaspMan »

How can I tell if it has the Ohlins? The only one of of a crate they had didn't look like any special shocks. Except the rear was a resivor Fox.

I didn't want the one they had sitting out because it looked liked it had been a floor model for way too long. The stickers were already peeling a little and overall didn't look brand new.

The dealer has agreed to give me one in the crate for $3500 out the door. That is the same price that ATK will give them to part it out.

If you wouldn't mind scanning them I would really appreciate it.

CdaleRacer0128

#4 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

if it has the stars and stripes on it it'll probably definately have teh ohlins REAR only shock, it wont have the Ohlins front. If it has the fox with the remote rezzie in the back than its just one of the black or silver ones, not the LE Patriot edition. Get teh stars stripes for the reasons stated above adn also bc the stock fox rear shock sSUCCKS!

EuroGOD

#5 Post by EuroGOD »

Originally posted by TheJaspMan
How can I tell if it has the Ohlins?  
The stickers were already peeling a little and overall didn't look brand new.

Ohlins have a shiny gold finish.
As for the decals peeling, they all did! The '02 and early '03's had the most problems, mainly on the headlight bezel. Easy fix though...after drying your hair, take the hairdryer out and gently heat the decal and smooth it from there.

Important, take notice:
Since the quads were released, a few common faults/problems have arisen.
Take your time to read through the site and do a search for "updates".
A few things that will make your ride both more reliable and confidence inspiring.
We have all been down this road before and would like to hear stories of your triumphs........not your defeat.

Go for the Stars'n'Stripes :usa

mxquadracer

#6 Post by mxquadracer »

hold on a second, sorry about the ignorance, but what did you do to get it for that cheap? what's average otd right now on a dale? I payed 3350 for my used slightly modded ex.

Jaybr

#7 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by mxquadracer
hold on a second, sorry about the ignorance, but what did you do to get it for that cheap? what's average otd right now on a dale? I payed 3350 for my used slightly modded ex.

Not sure what the average is on a Cannibal right now, but I'd say probably around $4000, with $3500 deals not unheard of.

TheJaspMan

#8 Post by TheJaspMan »

I went in and offered $3200 for an 03 floor model. The dealer said 'no thanks' that ATK would give him $3500 to part it out. So I offered $3500 for one in the crate. And he jumped on it. It was simpler than parting out for the same money. I have already sent the $$$ and plan on picking it up when I get back from holiday vacations.

Speed Rider

C-dale prices

#9 Post by Speed Rider »

I picked up my brand new '03 Speed for $ 4500.00 out the door. My buddy bought a '03 Cannibal (stars and stripes) for $ 3000.00, although it had a couple minor things missing. Headlights and a few bolts that they used for fixing other machines.

Overall I think we got pretty good deals. The motors are at Haydug right now getting the stage 8 updates and cranks balanced for reliability reasons. Can't wait to ride....

TheJaspMan

#10 Post by TheJaspMan »

That's awsome! I am going to drive up and get mine in the next week or two. I sent in a nice deposit so it's all mine. I can't wait.