All updates?

Q&A about routine maintenance.
EuroGOD

#1 Post by EuroGOD »

:welcome: Glad you could join us...
For a complete list of the updates click here.

There are quite a few in the list and some are trickier than others, but I'm sure if you have any questions, we'll all try and help you out.

Sounds like a good deal you've got there. Providing that you are a "hands-on" kind of rider, you'll find everything you want, and much more, with the C'dale.

As for a list of prices, PM a fellow member here "Haydug", he'll get you sorted wink.gif

haydug

450R???

#2 Post by haydug »

Don't go trade in the farm on the new Honda yet. I've heard plenty of dissapointed new owners so far. I think if you have basic mechanical abilities, you will LOVE the cannondale. As for comparing it to your 400ex, well you've heard the saying apples to oranges.
Welcome aboard!!

thomez

#3 Post by thomez »

What is your quad worth? The Cannibal is worth 3500, about. Don't overestimate the value and get ripped off on a trade. They are great but VASTLY undervalued. Make sure it has either the Stage 8 or stud update, that is probably the most important. Also see if it has the Sagem1000 ECU or the early Sagem500. A lot of 02 Cannibals are rebadged 01's with the early parts. They had some added trouble in some areas and less in others. Power is very close to 450 Yamaha and other things are close too. The amazing thing is that you can get the Cannon for half the price and the owners are so much cooler smile.gif

Mjollnir

#4 Post by Mjollnir »

^^^ Yup. What he said. ^^^

Compared to a YFZ, they are a little down on power. I had my *** handed to me a couple times last week in Pismo by a YFZ.

Then again, I am a rec rider and am still getting my drag racing skillz down. My buddy has a Cannibal as well, and he beats me handily every time, even though I have an FMF-Ti and he's just running a gutted toaster (my old one).

But more people were checking my quad out while parked on the dunes than were checking out the 150 or so YFZ's. Cool factor has to count for something. biggrin.gif

Marc

CdaleRacer0128

#5 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

if this 02 you have has a cable clutch, and the alluminum valve cover ( meaning its a very early 02) then you probbly wont have any problems. This is, if it has the pre-ssm case, so look near the sprocket ( or ask the guy to) and see if it says Cannondale there. if it says cannondale its the ssm and needs the stud/stage 8 update and the motor mount, if it doesnt say cannondale then and it just blank with a ltitle buldge of allumium line then you have a pre -ssm case and possibly a very good reliable engine i ahve seen many of them go 250 Hours plus

cdrookie

#6 Post by cdrookie »

your ex is only worth what someone will give you for it. the problem is that honda sold sooooo many of them that competition is fierce in the used market. plus there's alot of different choices available now that weren't available a few years back.

thomez

#7 Post by thomez »

You could always just sell the EX and find a new Cannibal for 3500 but it would need the updates. That is a couple hundred bucks, but then again, it would be brand new.

Then again, if you could get him to $700 you are moving up a couple light years in machine...

It could be looked at both ways.

Mjollnir

#8 Post by Mjollnir »

"Que sera, sera." What will be, will be.

If you were meant to have this quad, it will work out, and you will have it. If not, you will find another one. Don't stress about it. smile.gif

Marc

tjusa

#9 Post by tjusa »

what are u asking for your ex. my mom just ask me if i knew of any for sale there is a guy on paatving looking for one. go over there sell that thing buy a dale and comon back here . you wont regret it !!!! :usa

jcmpunk

#10 Post by jcmpunk »

What does your quad have on it? Mostly stock ex's are going for 3500 in my area, and 4500 for nice, modded ones.