valve shims?

Q&A about routine maintenance.
jfarrar

valve shims?

#1 Post by jfarrar »

what is the largest valve shim you can get for the dale.the chart goes to 3.50 and i see sukzuki only lists them to 3.50 was wonderin if they went larger than that?i need a 3.65(a small hockey puck)i have found smaller ones than either lists but nothing larger .cant i just wrap some tinfoil around one?(j/k)

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Actually if you use a newer cam in a old style head that big clearance is the way it is.I havent got into finding out where the diff is other than the old cams had bigger lobes.Anyway have you gone to a Suzuki dealer?That style shim is used in more than just the z400 other bikes should go up higher.

jfarrar

#3 Post by jfarrar »

those were my plans tomorrow to head to the sukzuki dealer.if i wasnt so short on time i would be on the phone with webcam right now because i believe the cams they use are the older specs.i need to get-er back together asap though so ill keep searchin.thanks gentleman!:head:

cannondalekid18

#4 Post by cannondalekid18 »

i think if you need a valve shim that big somethings not quite right, i have worked on some of cannondales experimental engines and the largest i found was 2.95

814 796 2066