Bleeding clutch?

Q&A about routine maintenance.
MXMIKE

Bleeding clutch?

#1 Post by MXMIKE »

I pulled the clutch out to put a new alen screw in that was starting to back out.I put nit all back together and adjusted the clutch and it felt fine.After a good ride on the mxtrack it seeamed
the clutch didnt want to grab till the leaver was all the way out.
I am wanting to bleed the clutch and then re-adjust it.
My question is what type of oil do you use in it.And I have heard that if you get a turkey baster or a surenge with a hose conected to the bleeder valve you can just shoot it up thrue the bleader valve till it over flows out the master cylinder it will be air free.
Is this the corect way or what.Thanks in advance.

MXMIKE

#2 Post by MXMIKE »

anyone?:confused:

LapTraffic

#3 Post by LapTraffic »

SAE 10 Hydraulic Mineral Oil.

I'll look into the procedure more when I get a chance but that is the spec on the fluid type.

Jimmer

#4 Post by Jimmer »

Just sit there and pump the heck out of it I think with the lid off the reservoir. What happens is that it builds so much pressure in the line the air bubbles rise to the top. I know this sounds crazy but I had the same prob on my brothers bike and this is what the owner of Advanced ATV told me to do and he is a Cdale dealer. I also tried the whole opening the bleeder down on the motor with no success. You really have to pump it alot then the pressure will slowly come back at the lever. Any questions let me know hope this helps.

MXMIKE

#5 Post by MXMIKE »

Thanks ,I will give it a try.

trav

#6 Post by trav »

pump all you want but cannondales don't bleed easy, 10 min. with seringe and your done.

Jimmer

#7 Post by Jimmer »

I know it sounds crazy thats what I thought too but its what the dealer told me and I did it and it worked for me. Mike let us know if you can get my method to work.