Oil Drain Umbilicals

Q&A about routine maintenance.
54warrior

#11 Post by 54warrior »

Could you be more specific about this: C27's tranny-filter-spring-plug mod please?

Canniboomer

#12 Post by Canniboomer »

...oh yeah, try searching the keywords (all) " transmission filter spring " on this and the other website, and you will find I believe
Cannondale27 Steve's mod.

It is for ease of correctly placing the transmission filter every time, without losing it into the motor or mangling it -- I've done the mod to both of mine, and have to say it's a great idea and real winner....but I actually found a different spring that worked same, and I used 2 small o-rings, 1 as a bumper to protect filter mesh from spring, and the other over the spring to retain it...precise drilling-out of plug is also necessary, and I just used the cheap autoparts store 20x1.5mm steel ones $2.50 with washer, drilled 'em out for the mod, and now don't have to worry about the small-head-soft-stock aluminum one rounding off -- just don't overtorque and your fine.

If you find that thread, and know how to insert a link here, that would be great.

Ryanstones

#13 Post by Ryanstones »

54, found it in the FAQ section

27 Rules!

dalewannbe

Highly recommended.

#14 Post by dalewannbe »

I just ordered my second set of these for my second dale.

These really are slick and they simplify the oil changing process and they make changing the oil a lot less time consuming.

I hate changing my oil without these, and with a cannondale I like to change my oil often. That??????????????????s why I just ordered them for dale number 2.

I give Canniboomer two thumbs up and highly recommend them. For the price, I don??????????????????t think you can go wrong!

cdalepilot

#15 Post by cdalepilot »

canniboomer, i'll buy a set . sent you a pm.:drink:

cdalepilot

spar drains

#16 Post by cdalepilot »

sent ya a pm. :clap:

dguercia

flushing your spars

#17 Post by dguercia »

Hey Caniboomer - Question - do you have to have the motor out to install these lines??

dalewannbe

#18 Post by dalewannbe »

No you don't. The left line takes a little time.

Canniboomer

#19 Post by Canniboomer »

When the motor is out, you can instead use the permanent left-side oetiker (1-ear) clamp, also included with kit. Until that time,
the standard hose clamp has to be used, and the hose and clamp must be attached AFTER seating the new fitting.... If you don't mind about 15 ounces more weight on your machine (filled), you will really really come to like these. Pls mention cdaleriders so I get the couple bucks to Dougie each set, tks. $30 shipped..edit, sponsoring now, $28 shipped on forum, or often ebay.

pacrimdm@msn.com

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

I have to reccomend anything that makes changing oil easier.Changing oil is the most important thing you can do to extend engine life.Do it alot as soon as you can after riding.Most manufactures recommend times I just recomend everytime you can with absolute max of 3 tanks of gas.