oil filter swap

Q&A about routine maintenance.
c41xracer

#11 Post by c41xracer »

i heard a crf450 filter will work

suzukispeeder

oil filter

#12 Post by suzukispeeder »

has anyone contacted emgo to see if they would produce the filter for us again surely they could still make a profit

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

I believe emgo makes the filters for BlackWidow.

TheJaspMan

#14 Post by TheJaspMan »

This is in no way bashing Black Widow. But it sure would be nice if we could find the correct diameter filter, then have a cover machined to fit the longer length. Something simple to get local.

bowhunter74

#15 Post by bowhunter74 »

Thats what I'm looking for.

theJeStEr1340

#16 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by TheJaspMan
This is in no way bashing Black Widow. But it sure would be nice if we could find the correct diameter filter, then have a cover machined to fit the longer length. Something simple to get local.

If you rind a filter that is the correct diameter, just a little longet you could probably take out some of the material on the inside fo the current covers to make it fit.

TheJaspMan

#17 Post by TheJaspMan »

That was one of my winter projects that I never got to. :mad:

bowhunter74

#18 Post by bowhunter74 »

I don't think its the filter size thats the problem, I thing its the orings thats the problem. I guess you could get some orings and glue them on :eek:. I'm just trying to find the same filter. Alot of other parts on our bikes can be used from other bikes, I just can't see Cannondale using a odd ball filter made just for them.

Has anyone looked into any street bike filters?

wistech

#19 Post by wistech »

I went through my local parts stores entire inventory of filters and didnt find any that would even fit in the hole. Making and end cap is easy. Im thinking a adapter and remote filter might do the trick. Heck you could stick a remote filter in the scavange pump lines. But really now that filters are cheap its not worth the effort.

TheJaspMan

#20 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by wistech
I went through my local parts stores entire inventory of filters and didnt find any that would even fit in the hole.  Making and end cap is easy.   Im thinking a adapter and remote filter might do the trick.  Heck you could stick a remote filter in the scavange pump lines.  But really now that filters are cheap its not worth the effort.

I have wondered about a lawn mower filter, or something like that.

Filters are cheap now. But I would like something a little easier to find. I don't feel like waiting until the go back up to $10 each again. Or become hard to find. If that makes sense.