good stuff to keep around incase?

Q&A about routine maintenance.
Speedy2222

#1 Post by Speedy2222 »

well i am getting a cannondale in the next week or 2 from a local dealer and i was just wondering what , as far as maintanence, i should keep extra of?

yamadjs08

#2 Post by yamadjs08 »

Ehh, most same stuff as any other quad... Along with some Evans coolant and lots of loc-tite...

Also, where are you located at?

Speedy2222

#3 Post by Speedy2222 »

QUOTE (yamadjs08 @ Jun 10 2006, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ehh, most same stuff as any other quad... Along with some Evans coolant and lots of loc-tite...

Also, where are you located at?

Indiana, i have a dealer 20 mins from me.

i have lots of loctite, but this quad is totally foreign to me, i've never delt with EFI before.

i've been riding a warrior since 2003 and after riding an ATK i have decided to sell the warrior and buy the cannondale he had.

chigger81

#4 Post by chigger81 »

spark plugs and oil filters, and lots of the vital fluids.

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

Where in Indiana? Who is the dealer? R&S? Be sure to check out the "Represent Yo Hood" thread in the Open forum. Its a sticky so its at the top. It will show the few members that we have here in Indiana and the neighboring states. We could come in handy to you if you have trouble down the road.

Where in Indiana? Who is the dealer? R&S? Be sure to check out the "Represent Yo Hood" thread in the Open forum. Its a sticky so its at the top. It will show the few members that we have here in Indiana and the neighboring states. We could come in handy to you if you have trouble down the road.

MyCannibal

#6 Post by MyCannibal »

a d&m kit...

azcannon

#7 Post by azcannon »

a spare motor

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

Just get another cdale and you'll be all set.

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (azcannon @ Jul 4 2006, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a spare motor

You mean a spare fully updated stroker motor.. smile.gif

And lots of fuel.

Something to keep on the shelf.
Oil
Service manual
Parts manual.
Flywheel and puller
D&M kit or mil tool
Ball joints for the stock arms
Tie rod ends.
Throttle and clutch cables

This is assuming you have a motor than has been gone through addressing all the reliabilty enhancements. If not then keep a spare motor on the shelf.

yamadjs08

#10 Post by yamadjs08 »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Jul 4 2006, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey jesshamner, I was wondering, whats up with R&S? I have some of there stickers for some reason and there website is pretty cool (outdated from C-dale days) and I was wondering if they carry any of the parts that they have on there website? Are they still into Cannondales or not really?