Fouling Plugs???

Q&A about routine maintenance.
ozarkdaler

#11 Post by ozarkdaler »

I just sold one but you might try to get an HMF or a NMotion when they become available here in a week or so.

TG2891

#12 Post by TG2891 »

QUOTE (cjenkins @ Dec 4 2006, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just sold one but you might try to get an HMF or a NMotion when they become available here in a week or so.

Sorry for all the questions but here is another one. The vacuum line from the ecu: does it only connect to the Bar. pressure sensor? When I brought my dale home the line was not hooked up to anything. In fact I found 3 lines not connected and one of them had a tee fitting in it so I put them all together. 1 line comes from the ecm - 1 line comes from the Bar. pressure sensor and 1 come from the fuel return pot (at least I think that is wat it is. The pot sits directly above the negative battery terminal.) Did I hook them up wrong? As I have been researching, a plug will also foul if there is too much fuel pressure in the line but when the dale is running you can see fuel being purged back into the tank.
Lastly, can you replace the vacuum line comming out of the ecm. Mine has signs of dryrot and I would like to replace it to eliminate any further variables.

ozarkdaler

#13 Post by ozarkdaler »

Canniboomer sells a vacuum line kit you can shoot him an email at pacrimdm@msn.com. Let someone else answer that because I only see my dale about once or twice a month so I cannot remember everything and I am new also. I just bought both of mine this last summer. Anyway I believer you have it right but someone else might chime in.

Happyboy

#14 Post by Happyboy »

On early models there was a 3 way ( T ) connector and on the later models there was a 4 way connector.

3 way----fuel regulator - ECU - Air box
4 way----Fuel regulator - ECI - Air box - Tranny vent

The tranny vent usuually just runs down a side rail to allow drainage to seap...but they must have gotton yelled at or something to make them put it on the system vacuume line.

ozarkdaler

#15 Post by ozarkdaler »

There you go. Happyboy speaks. lol

TG2891

#16 Post by TG2891 »

QUOTE (cjenkins @ Dec 4 2006, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There you go. Happyboy speaks. lol

**** this site is awesome. Sounds like I am 1 D&M kit and an exhaust away from having my machine up and running like new.

Thanks guys

MyCannibal

#17 Post by MyCannibal »

D&M kit = best investment next to the quad itslef.