Mobil 1 Oils - How much Difference?

Q&A about routine maintenance.
Sand_Blaster

#11 Post by Sand_Blaster »

I just picked up some Mobil 1 fully synthetic with a sg rating and made of 4stroke motorcycles. Seems to be pretty good.

Psychosis

#12 Post by Psychosis »

I recently got a filing that has ratings of most major synthetic oils for which is best in some degrees and worse in others. I don't have it on me right now but can see about maybe getting it here in a few days.

Amsoil was the top rated bike/quad oil out of all tested. Motul was another one up the list but don't recall much else. Mobil I believe had some traits in the top few rankings but other qualities in the lower portion of the polls. Kind of a 50/50 oil. Two of the top ones in every category were Motul and Amsoil though. I've ran Motul for years and not a problem either.

ozarkdaler

#13 Post by ozarkdaler »

Has anyone tried Quaker State's new synthetic? I bought some to try out but it has not been time to change the oil yet since I have not been riding. My brother works for Orielly's and he said it was a really good oil and QS put alot of research into it. He just called me up one day and told me about it. Also it is $3.70 a quart so it is worth trying....