Pretty Glitter in my oil filter??

Q&A about routine maintenance.
jtracker

#1 Post by jtracker »

We just changed the oil in my moto. The oil filter had metal shavings when we took it out. Also when you run your finger inside where the oil filter goes there is just as much metal shavings there. My moto has a falicon crank in it also. Could this be that pin going? I put up a picture. Hopefully you can see the picture alright.

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

Is that a 250R conversion tank? I have never seen one. Odd filter, not many pleats... did you cut it?

jtracker

#3 Post by jtracker »

Yes it is a 250r conversion tank. No we didn't cut it. It was the filter that was in it. I assumed it was the original cannondale filter??

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes thats probably your Falicon Pin going.Timbo made a post about a fix for Falicons but not sure if he ever decided to pursue it.Hopefully Falicon made better designed pins now though.

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

Contact Falicon before you do anything. They have fixed people's cranks in the past, maybe you will get lucky.

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

Steel or aluminum shavings?Could be the cam lobes /buckets or crank bearings. If you had nothing in the filter before and now this is new then its engine pull time. If you had a bearing failure and this is within the first few oil changes it might just be debris in the frame getting flushed .
The pellet magnet in your oil inlet would save your oil pump and check valves from having to grind this stuff up before it gets to the filter.