Front Brake Issue

Q&A about routine maintenance.
speedracer

#11 Post by speedracer »

Post some pics when you get some time,would like to see the quad,thanks.

ozarkdaler

#12 Post by ozarkdaler »

PIC

speedracer

#13 Post by speedracer »

Wow,thats nice good luck with it.

MX Quad Dad

#14 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Quick question, Does anybody know if the right and left calipers can be bolted up to the wrong side?

the reason I ask is because he said he bought the quad like this. I have seen the calipers on the wrong side on a different quad (Yammy I think). and back in the 70's I have seen a lot of Mopar's put back together like that.

Easy to check. Bleeder needs to be on top.

ozarkdaler

#15 Post by ozarkdaler »

They are on top

MX Quad Dad

#16 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I thought of a couple more things to check. The lever pushes a plunger in, make sure the plunger is coming out. And if the master cylinder assembly gets twisted on the handle bars, the lever can make contact with the throttle assembly and not allow the lever to release fully. So make sure the lever is releaseing fully. the plunger sshould come out enough so you have a little play between the plunger and the lever.

UpsMan

#17 Post by UpsMan »

Well, try another master cylinder, if that doesn't work, time to work on your calipers. Take them apart and clean the old junk out, check for corrosion on the pistons, make sure the pistons can move in and out. I have a cannondale master cylinder and lever assembly here I could spare. Let me know if you need it.

ozarkdaler

#18 Post by ozarkdaler »

Thanx for the offer. I will let you all know what I find out when I get back home tomorrow.

MX Quad Dad

#19 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I just reread your first post and it sounds like you aren't haveing to add any fluid. is that correct?

ozarkdaler

#20 Post by ozarkdaler »

The fluid stays at the same amount.