Front Brake Issue

Q&A about routine maintenance.
ozarkdaler

#31 Post by ozarkdaler »

I have not had any time to work on it. I plan on working on it this weekend.

cannondale27

#32 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (moto440 @ Jun 2 2008, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so what did you find out? i am having a similiar prob with the front brakes on my moto, they work but now where near as good and my raptor 700s stock, it is a stock moto front end and i put it back on the quad and assumed i got all the air out, i think the mity vac is next for it. it just doesnt have the grab, stopping power it should i rode my 700 and about put myself over the bars since the fronts grabbed so well the dale just kinda slows down a bit!!

Is the lever firm?

Nickc711

#33 Post by Nickc711 »

i found that i had to spread the pads... then bleed... then close them... and bleed.. then spread them again and so on to get all the air out of the calipers

ozarkdaler

#34 Post by ozarkdaler »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Jun 2 2008, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is the lever firm?

NOPE

UpsMan

#35 Post by UpsMan »

Here's what I do. Grab a few beers, get comfortable and squeeze the brake lever about 500 times with the resi cap off. You can watch the air bubbles come up into it. Eventually I get some pressure, then I crack open the bleeders one at a time. Then I'm done. I'm sure there are quicker ways, but why does life always have to be such a rush?

ozarkdaler

#36 Post by ozarkdaler »

a 12 pack worth of lever pulling did not solve it. I would say I pulled the lever around 500 times. I just need to prolly break down and take the calipers off and work them over.

speedracer

#37 Post by speedracer »

I have acomplete front brake assy.lines,calipers,master cylinder&lever unbled if you need them.

ozarkdaler

#38 Post by ozarkdaler »

Thanks for the offer. I will let you know if I need something.

moto440

#39 Post by moto440 »

my lever is firm 27 i am leaning towards maybe a pad change, but have thought about pushing the pads in and bleeding as well too i didnt do that.

ozarkdaler

#40 Post by ozarkdaler »

Wow I did not realize how long it has been since I seen my quad (over 2 months). I worked on it tonight finally. I took off the calipers and cleaned them. Do all of the caliper piston slide so easy? I took my tool and just pressed slightly and the piston moved back with no issue. Still no brakes but something different is that I put my finger up against the brake line hole on the lever and I could not get any pressure. I guess I need to break down and try another rezzy again but last time I worked on it I tried that with no success.

My rear brakes are doing the same thing. I completely took off my brake line and I still could not get no fluid out. I guess I need to drop it off to someone and let them work on it because I do not have the time since I am traveling more now than ever. I am just getting impatient I guess mad.gif