Trouble, won't start

Q&A about routine maintenance.
dc245

#1 Post by dc245 »

I just traded my YFZ for a Cdale, they said it needs a plug I put a new one in, and still don't do anything. It turns over and gets spark but there is also oil coming out the pipe. The motor is said to be fresh but I real don't think it is either since the quad is not doing anything but leaking oil all over any ideas what this could be?

UpsMan

#2 Post by UpsMan »

Is it too late to trade back?

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Why would you trade a running bike for one that may or may not run? Anyway some of the Cannondales will leak all the oil into the motor from sitting. (Checkball search) It's no big deal if that's the issue. Just happens from not running for a long time. Remove spark plug and crank motor over till no more oil comes out plug hole. Then drain all the oil out of frame and motor. Refill with 1.5qts of oil. Replace with new spark plug and fire it up.

dc245

#4 Post by dc245 »

Tried it I'm getting spark and it's getting gas so I dont know what to do with it. But it's starting to piss me off.

peterock

#5 Post by peterock »

check the compression, and load test your battery.

450blaze

#6 Post by 450blaze »

try either it starts everything

Hacksaw830

#7 Post by Hacksaw830 »

QUOTE (dc245 @ Apr 24 2008, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tried it I'm getting spark and it's getting gas so I dont know what to do with it. But it's starting to piss me off.

Check your flywheel key, mine sheered off the other day, I was getting spark fuel air, but all it would do was an occasional backfire, checked it and found the key had sheered into. get a KTM flywheel puller and see if its the half moon key, also make sure the groove in the flywheel is ligned up with the "C" where "CANNONDALE" is stamped into the flywheel. This is another common problem,

hacksaw

PS: I smoked a guy on a YFZ and a banshee before it sheered. The guy on the banshee left the building after I blew his doors off (twice) and then my son got him on his stock (built by Kdeal tuned by timbo) Cannibal. He was cracking on our quads, he had never heard of them he thought they were some of these tiwanees/chinese crap quads.

kdeal

#8 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (Hacksaw830 @ Jun 20 2008, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check your flywheel key, mine sheered off the other day, I was getting spark fuel air, but all it would do was an occasional backfire, checked it and found the key had sheered into. get a KTM flywheel puller and see if its the half moon key, also make sure the groove in the flywheel is ligned up with the "C" where "CANNONDALE" is stamped into the flywheel. This is another common problem,
hacksaw

PS: I smoked a guy on a YFZ and a banshee before it sheered. The guy on the banshee left the building after I blew his doors off (twice) and then my son got him on his stock (built by Kdeal tuned by timbo) Cannibal. He was cracking on our quads, he had never heard of them he thought they were some of these tiwanees/chinese crap quads.

Smoking a guy on a stock Banshee or YFZ, $4.50 a gallon for gas. The look on the other's guy's face when he realized he just got beat by American Iron...priceless.
laugh.gif

thedeatons

#9 Post by thedeatons »

You mean American aluminum..... smile.gif

TG2891

#10 Post by TG2891 »

dc245,

Did you ever get it started?