The Definitive Oil Capacity Thread!

Q&A about routine maintenance.
speedracer

#61 Post by speedracer »

I always try to stay out of disagreements here but I for on hate to see Deatons go.I have never met him but seems to be a real stand-up guy,always willing to help and contribute.Heck,he doesnt even own a Dale anymore,but still puts forth an effort,just like alot of guys here do.There are not that many of us diehard Dale fans left!

Kuma

#62 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Jun 16 2009, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always try to stay out of disagreements here but I for on hate to see Deatons go.I have never met him but seems to be a real stand-up guy,always willing to help and contribute.Heck,he doesnt even own a Dale anymore,but still puts forth an effort,just like alot of guys here do.There are not that many of us diehard Dale fans left!

I second that, Deatons is always one of the first to offer help. I've seen many threads where someone has a problem and many people offer up there opinion and most stick with the tfread until problem is solved, in the case of the relay it seems that he was right! It is up to the reader to choose weather or not to take the advise found on the internet.
Stick around James.

cannondale27

#63 Post by cannondale27 »

I third it.Deatons makes many contributions to the site.Dont let Happyboy get to you Deatons hes really just a puppy in real life laugh.gif

Dachshund

#64 Post by Dachshund »

Hey James, I try to stay out of things when the threads get personal but I can't sit here and be silent.

Let me first say that there are those that get my goat at times on here but I just try to ignore them and consider them to be ignorant.(hey it works for me) There are a lot of folks who read your posts and learn from them including me that don't say thanks enough. I consider you one of the go to guys.

I have asked you personally about a few things in the past because I respect your opinions and knowledge. I don't thank everybody here enough for their continued support and that includes you.

Some people like to antagonize, but for the most part I think it is done in jest(not always though). Sometimes it's hard to see that on the web and when it's first person. Looking in as third person, I at times see something that is really no big deal and you tend to take it as disrespect for you personally, your idea, research, etc. That said, I can see how you would be bothered by some after doing so much to help.

Even this thread with all it's "challenging discussions" is for the better, as we all learned something valuable.

If you must go James, then, God speed, Stephen.

gml1998

#65 Post by gml1998 »

QUOTE (Dachshund @ Jun 17 2009, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey James, I try to stay out of things when the threads get personal but I can't sit here and be silent.

Let me first say that there are those that get my goat at times on here but I just try to ignore them and consider them to be ignorant.(hey it works for me) There are a lot of folks who read your posts and learn from them including me that don't say thanks enough. I consider you one of the go to guys.

I have asked you personally about a few things in the past because I respect your opinions and knowledge. I don't thank everybody here enough for their continued support and that includes you.

Some people like to antagonize, but for the most part I think it is done in jest(not always though). Sometimes it's hard to see that on the web and when it's first person. Looking in as third person, I at times see something that is really no big deal and you tend to take it as disrespect for you personally, your idea, research, etc. That said, I can see how you would be bothered by some after doing so much to help.

Even this thread with all it's "challenging discussions" is for the better, as we all learned something valuable.

If you must go James, then, God speed, Stephen.

I for one enjoy reading all the different views and opinions people have on any given subject.I think this helps make a more informed decision.I hate to see people get into mudslinging when they both have good information to share.Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Can we just agree to disagree ?
I've only been with this forum about 18 months and now have 4 Dales.The information I've gotten from the people here is priceless.I hate to see the population of this site dwindle.Us newbies need all the help we can get.

jesshamner

#66 Post by jesshamner »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Jun 16 2009, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah... you can go soak your head. Everyone likes to drive people away around here. There are about 5 people who know everything about Dales, and they won't tell anyone else. If someone had actually told me about the checkball prior to this I wouldn't have mentioned any of this. Of course it makes sense the checkball allows oil to seep by. I didn't even know there was a checkball, and for two years I discussed running a low oil level, and NO ONE MENTIONED THE CHECKBALL.

Are you serious? I know nothing about motors and I knew there was a checkball. The info might be buried but its out there. Maybe it was because I was around back then when the checkball was discussed. I wouldn't say someone witheld information. I would just say that it has been forgotten. Chill out man. Nobody wants to see you leave. And we definitely don't want you to leave on a bad note.

2000ex

#67 Post by 2000ex »

umm how many quarts of oil should I put in my bike tongue.gif unsure.gif

ozarkdaler

#68 Post by ozarkdaler »

He is a man of his word. His profile shows that he has not came back. I never had no issues with James. I bought some things from him and he treated me fair.

ozarkdaler

#69 Post by ozarkdaler »

QUOTE (2000ex @ Jun 17 2009, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
umm how many quarts of oil should I put in my bike tongue.gif unsure.gif

Here we go again laugh.gif

UpsMan

#70 Post by UpsMan »

Come on guys, this is like when you are in the car with a chick arguing and she gets out. You don't beg her to get back in, you just drive away.