Otiker clamps

Q&A about routine maintenance.
desertbound

#1 Post by desertbound »

I think that is what they are called. Is there an easy way to get them off, or do I need to buy the $30 tool? Also, to install them I assume I need the tool?

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

You can cut them off or pry them off with a screwdriver under the leftover band section... I bought my tool and a lot of the clamps from Canniboomer. He has them packaged and ready to go. I don't like hose clamps, as these are much cleaner looking. They are not reuseable though, which is their downside.

desertbound

#3 Post by desertbound »

Yeah, that is what I have been doing, but I didn't want to pry on the clamps around the injectors. Looks like I need to call dave.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Unless your changing the hose which is a good idea you can leave it on and just pull the caps off.Otherwise just cut right where its crimped so hose wont get touched.

thedeatons

#5 Post by thedeatons »

Injector barbs are steel..... Shouldn't hurt them if you are careful.

desertbound

#6 Post by desertbound »

I'm actually replacing all the hose too. I have boomers fuel mod to install. I'm just tired of throwing money at this thing. I guess I should get used to it. Thanks guys.

NRath

#7 Post by NRath »

The easiest, least damaging way to get them off is to take a pair of needlenose pliers and straighten up the 2 little tabs that are bent over holding the clamp together. A quick squeeze on each of them (plier tips on the side of the clamp and on one tab)and a screwdriver to pop the band off the straightened up tabs and it's apart.

thedeatons

#8 Post by thedeatons »

Good common sense tip! Never thought of that!

desertbound

#9 Post by desertbound »

QUOTE (NRath @ Sep 5 2008, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The easiest, least damaging way to get them off is to take a pair of needlenose pliers and straighten up the 2 little tabs that are bent over holding the clamp together. A quick squeeze on each of them (plier tips on the side of the clamp and on one tab)and a screwdriver to pop the band off the straightened up tabs and it's apart.

That is actually what I did. I have spoken with Boomer and I'm gonna get the Oetiker tool when I'm ready to reinstall in a couple weeks.

TricityCdale

#10 Post by TricityCdale »

QUOTE (desertbound @ Sep 4 2008, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm just tired of throwing money at this thing. I guess I should get used to it.

LOL!! I'd be willing to bet EVERY Cannondale owner has made that statement at least once!!! ROFL! tongue.gif

Wait.....now I own two of them... wacko.gif