Otiker clamps

Q&A about routine maintenance.
desertbound

#11 Post by desertbound »

QUOTE (TricityCdale @ Sep 5 2008, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL!! I'd be willing to bet EVERY Cannondale owner has made that statement at least once!!! ROFL! tongue.gif

Wait.....now I own two of them... wacko.gif

I know. The sand season is fast approaching though. Looks like I ruined my throttle body last night too. I'm gonna run this glamis for a season, and then if things work out, the "wife" will be getting a Moto when the tax man comes. Ha ha ha.

NRath

#12 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (NRath @ Sep 5 2008, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The easiest, least damaging way to get them off is to take a pair of needlenose pliers and straighten up the 2 little tabs that are bent over holding the clamp together.

Correction... the sizes of Oetiker's that are on the 'Dale's only have one tab to bend over.

thedeatons

#13 Post by thedeatons »

There are all different sizes ya know....

desertbound

#14 Post by desertbound »

The little tiny ones are the worst. Ha ha ha. Just gotta get a little screwdriver under the lip and pop it off. All the other you can straighten out the bend and pop off the overhang.

speedracer

#15 Post by speedracer »

I just got some oeticker clamps and the install pliers,how do you use the pliers to install the clamp?Dumb question,I dont want a fuel leak.Thanks in advance.

rayspeed

#16 Post by rayspeed »

The clamp needs to be snug on the hose when it is in the fitting so sometimes you need to have the clamp in place on the line first and then cram it onto the fitting. The smaller the hose and the clamp the less it is going to squeeze on. So then you just pinch it tight to where the line does not turn into the fitting and that should be tight enough. If you crimp it all the way and you can twist the fitting in the line it will probably leak.

Rally2

#17 Post by Rally2 »

Be great if someone would Youtube a quick vid on Oetiker clamp install/removal, I'll search around try to find something.

edit: found some basic youtube vids removal install

speedracer

#18 Post by speedracer »

Thanks for the replys,I knew I was over-thinking it.