need the skimatics

Q&A about routine maintenance.
wyndzer

#1 Post by wyndzer »

I have never ridden mine in deep water, but I did ride it about 80 miles in the rain all day one time.

CdaleRacer0128

#2 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

i ride n jersey n pa..but i dont have a cdale YET

Motoman440

#3 Post by Motoman440 »

I have had a CD since July 2002 and have ridden it hard on muddy tracks and nasty wet trails. I have also ridden through some 1 - 2 ft deep streams but not with a lot of speed. I have covered that thing with water many times. I had it stall on me only one time due to water getting in the system. It took about 15 minutes to get the water to work its way through. I changed the plug and the bike ran great!!! When you get it follow the manufactures break-in procedures so you warranty will hold true. I have my own rule to change both the engine and tranny oil after 10 hrs or 3 rides, give or take a couple of hrs. I usually change the fuel filter at the same time. People will tell you it's not necessary to change everything that often but read your owners manual and talk to your dealer and listen to what they say. Then form your own opinion. I do strain my gas and use VP Red Racing gas mixed down to a 98 octane with Chevron Techoline which helps keep your injectors clean. I run my CD hard and it performs great!!!! I did ride with a bunch of 4 x 4's one time, very boring, and I foung myself clutching the thing alot due to the slow speeds. CD's are made to run hard in my opinion. Good Luck!!! It's alot of money but what a ride!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Ryanstones

#4 Post by Ryanstones »

Go for it Glory! i've had my dale in 2-3 foot deep water 5-6 times with no problems. Oops, except once when the tranny vent tube drew water in while i was stuck deeeep. I've since rerouted that line much higher.
Break in is normal, maybe even less than most quads recomend.
Maintenance is no big deal either. Keep your filters clean and go over the nuts and bolts thoroughly after the first few rides. i only had a couple.
I run 93 octane.
riding with 4x's is only a problem if you let them lead! this aint no huntin quad, is it?
good luck with dad! My 13 year old rides my 'dale all the time, and can bicycle it for a half hour! He was 12 in this pic.