Gear oil/Motor oil

Q&A about routine maintenance.
udel88

#1 Post by udel88 »

What is the best gear oil and motor oil to use in my stock blaze?

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

synthetic is all you really need to know .

Kuma

#3 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (udel88 @ Feb 4 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is the best gear oil and motor oil to use in my stock blaze?

Oh Boy, here we go again laugh.gif

What Wistech said, after that it's your preferance, there are plenty of posts on this site to find out what everyone else likes.

MX Quad Dad

#4 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I second what Kuma said. and for sure what wisetech said also.

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

There are days worth of reading on this subject on this forum. Use the search function to read the ongoing debate. Wistech is right...synthetic is all you need to know. Pick the one that has the coolest looking bottle!

Dachshund

#6 Post by Dachshund »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Feb 4 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
synthetic is all you really need to know .

Wise answer, just make sure you use your favorite color or the one with the biggest advertising budget. blink.gif

wayneschofield

#7 Post by wayneschofield »

Royal Purple stopped some of my customer's BMW race cams having problems so I put some in my none-updated Cannibal to see how it got on (with no time and no fresh crank to update it with).

It must have run at least 80 hrs since I bought it and this one wasn't new when I got it and, touching wood, it still is as strong as ever.

I would heartily recommend it.

Watch it sieze up this weekend now I've said this!!!

2mike18

#8 Post by 2mike18 »

royal purple is good stuff even though my choice is mobil 1 but thats a convience factor for me.

Dachshund

#9 Post by Dachshund »

QUOTE (Wayne Schofield @ Feb 6 2009, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Royal Purple stopped some of my customer's BMW race cams having problems so I put some in my none-updated Cannibal to see how it got on (with no time and no fresh crank to update it with).

It must have run at least 80 hrs since I bought it and this one wasn't new when I got it and, touching wood, it still is as strong as ever.

I would heartily recommend it.

Watch it sieze up this weekend now I've said this!!!

OK Wayne, I wasn't going to start another brand war but since you mentioned it. wink.gif Yes purple is my favorite color too.........oil that is. tongue.gif I run it in everything. I have been using their XPR(racing 41) and the Synchromax in the trans.

Trouble

#10 Post by Trouble »

why synthetic?doesnt that cause clutch slippage?maybe im just too much of ol'skool and set in my ways.i still use atf tranny fluid in the gearbox of my ktm 250 2 stroke from time to time.i figure if im gonna change the oil as much as i should,it shouldnt be too big of a deal,$9 a quart at autozone,i would need to see the proof.a piece of mind for me is obtained using the regular stuff just staying on top of the oil changes.i dont think synthetics are the differnces between these motors grenading or being bullet proof.I dont care what cannondale recommended,if they knew what they were talking about they would still be around today.