Crazie's Engine tear down thread

Q&A about routine maintenance.
wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

You know if thats the only crack in the case you should have Mydreamride tig it back together and remachine. I think I had that case powdercoated a few years back if thats azcannons. Very yellow.

Crazie

#12 Post by Crazie »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Sep 13 2009, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know if thats the only crack in the case you should have Mydreamride tig it back together and remachine. I think I had that case powdercoated a few years back if thats azcannons. Very yellow.

It's the only crack that I've seen. The rest of the case seems to be in good shape, but that crack seems to be in a very bad place for repair work...being in the crease right there. I'd be worried about the integrity if I got it welded.

Has anyone welded up a case in that spot with good results? I like the idea of having it as a spare if nothing else.

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats a real bummer that your motor went down for such a simple thing.From looking at your bolts I would say there never was any Loctite on them and if there was it was done wrong.Those of us who do it right snap bolts removing them and spend hours on wire wheel trying to clean the bolts of stuck on Loctite.I would try welding that case.If anything I believe the extra weld will reinforce the case.

Crazie

#14 Post by Crazie »

The crank plate had loctite on the bolts, but even then I could peel it off with my fingernails. I know personally, I've always had to use a wire wheel as well in order to reuse a bolt.

I'll get in touch with Mydreamride. But first I need to rip apart the 3rd (spare) engine I have to inspect it for damage. If it's good, then I have something to rebuild on now.

Gibson265R

#15 Post by Gibson265R »

I have a title for one of azcannons quads that he sold. I believe that it was either for a blaze or speed. Let me know if you are missing your title and ill dig it out and see if it matches your ride.

Crazie

#16 Post by Crazie »

I bought the blaze and speed from him. I think the speed is the one I have a title for. I'll have to check, but it would be awesome if you could find the title for the other. I was going to buy out his inventory, but someone snagged the moto before I jumped on the deal.