Charging problem

Q&A about routine maintenance.
Juss

#11 Post by Juss »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Oct 20 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bike stator will work if you don't have lights to run. You can splice the wires and get it to work if you know for sure your old one is bad.

Yeah I want to beable to run the lights.

peterock

#12 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (Juss @ Oct 20 2009, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I checked the stator and im not gettinmg in output from it.Im going to remove it later today and take a look at it.If anyone has one they want to sell let me know.I seen this one on ebay but for a bike.Looks like wires may be to short,anyone know if it will work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-Cannon...sQ5fAccessories

I have to ask, as it has happened before. Was the bike running when you checked the output?

Did you follow the tests in the manual for it?

Does your old stator have the sheathing update to it to prevent the hold down clamp from wearing through the wires? If not, check the wires as they may be worn through and may be able to just repair your current one.

Canniboomer

#13 Post by Canniboomer »

That ebay stator is the earliest dirtbike version, and 2-phase only....shorter cord also and the wrong plug. It was not intended to even run a fan.

Juss

#14 Post by Juss »

QUOTE (peterock @ Oct 20 2009, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to ask, as it has happened before. Was the bike running when you checked the output?

Did you follow the tests in the manual for it?

Does your old stator have the sheathing update to it to prevent the hold down clamp from wearing through the wires? If not, check the wires as they may be worn through and may be able to just repair your current one.

Yes was running and I did follow the steps.Ive tested them before on other bikes aswell.Pulled cover and I can see the yellow wires,dosent look like it had the update.I have to look for my puller and take it off and have a look.I have a puller that I have used on Yamhas looks the same.Not sure if it will work or not.

Kuma

#15 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (Juss @ Oct 20 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes was running and I did follow the steps.Ive tested them before on other bikes aswell.Pulled cover and I can see the yellow wires,dosent look like it had the update.I have to look for my puller and take it off and have a look.I have a puller that I have used on Yamhas looks the same.Not sure if it will work or not.

I don't think a Yamaha puller's going to work, I think it is the same as KTM but not real sure, it may be listed in th eparts FAQ.
Chances are Canniboomer's got one for ya.

Juss

#16 Post by Juss »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Oct 21 2009, 06:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think a Yamaha puller's going to work, I think it is the same as KTM but not real sure, it may be listed in th eparts FAQ.
Chances are Canniboomer's got one for ya.

Ya my Yamah puller had finer threads

Juss

#17 Post by Juss »

I pulled my stator and I dont see any burned or bad wires.I have some pics I will post later.Also behind the stator inside the engine someone put "120" and below it it says "RA" anyone know what that means?