electrical plug help

Q&A about routine maintenance.
250rmike

#1 Post by 250rmike »

Hey guys don't get on here much anymore, but I need some help. I have had someone messing with my bike in the garage, long story short family keeps forgetting to lock the garage. Anyway, I had some pull a wire out of the back of one of the harness plugs. What I need to know is how to pull the pin out of the plug to put the wire back in. I have done it on cars but I don't have a ready source for the plug in case I break it like I would a car. Thanks for any help in advance.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (250rmike @ May 12 2010, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey guys dont get on here much anymore but i need some help. i have had someone messing with my bike in the garage long story short family keeps forgetting to lock the garage. anyway i had some pull a wire out of the back of one of the harness plugs. what i need to know is how to pull the pin out of the plug to put the wire back in. i have done it on cars but i dont have a ready source for the plug in case i break it like i would a car thanks for any help in advance

Most of the plugs are weatherpack plugs and parts can be sourced at most auto stores or for sure GM dealer. They just have a little tang that holds them in once plug is opened. I would imagine they have a tool but I just use a piece of welding wire hammered flat to slide past the tang which is then easily pulled out.

250rmike

#3 Post by 250rmike »

Alright thanks I got a few picks that should work. Thanks again for the help I just wanted make sure there was nothing special to get them out.