Whats a good battery?

Q&A about routine maintenance.
Canniboomer

#11 Post by Canniboomer »

I pick them up nearby in small batches and fresh, and ship them in 2-day one-rate cartons.
Plenty of other misc parts can fit in the same carton to save on shipping.

When using any tender, it's safe to just plug your charger into a cheap lamp timer, and energize for up to 5 hours daily. That way you can forget about "forgetting" to unplug it, and you won't deep-drain them either. It's a good use for Xmas-light timers that get stashed away for most of the year anyway.
All of the Deltran Battery-Tender line-up are temperature compensated, and have the charge algorithm suitable for use on these AGM batteries. Most other name-brand small chargers would also qualify these days, but leaving them on for 24/7 can be risky....when the charger may eventually act up or fail.

jesshamner

#12 Post by jesshamner »

Canniboomer is 2 things...a salesman and a thinker! Good idea Dave! And I like the subtle message about fitting other items in the box. wink.gif

NRath

#13 Post by NRath »

And notice that his batteries come with the Battery Tender pigtail, too! Quick shipping and a good price make the Boomer deal a no brainer.

Opt1
Calling around, ordering, credit card over the phone to who knows who, waiting a couple days, then go pick it up and get back to work before lunch is over.

Opt 2
Call one place, send one Paypal, in 2-3 days, a battery with charger pigtail shows up on your doorstep.

This is a good package.

Although mine's still sitting on a shelf! Haven't needed it, yet!

jesshamner

#14 Post by jesshamner »

Opt 2
Call one place, send one Paypal, in 2-3 days, a battery with charger pigtail shows up on your doorstep.

This is a good package.

Although mine's still sitting on a shelf! Haven't needed it, yet!

And its comes fully charged. At least mine did.

arcsum68

#15 Post by arcsum68 »

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

captmoto

#16 Post by captmoto »

I got 4 years of use out of my battery using a battery tender and I think it is a Battery Tender brand. It stayed on 24/7. I guess I was lucky.

jesshamner

#17 Post by jesshamner »

I think the battery tender brand is a better quality. Its a trickle charger built specifically for motorcycle batteries if you have the Jr. version. Mine went out but it was a cheap walmart trickle charger that is supposed to imitate the Battery Tender Jr.