What size?

Q&A about routine maintenance.
screamin 440

What size?

#1 Post by screamin 440 »

Hi everybody! I'm fairly new to the Cannondale community. I've owned my Cannibal for about 6 weeks now and it's time to change the oil. Could anybody tell me what size Torx socket the oil filter takes. Got my dale used and didn't get any tools with it. Thanks for any help!

NRath

#2 Post by NRath »

It should take a 6 mm socket. It would have to be a very early '02 to be Torx(star bolt), if so, it'll be an E-6. I don't know that the E is significant.

Keep that oil changed!

screamin 440

#3 Post by screamin 440 »

Yes it is a fairly early 02. Still came with Ohlins shocks. I think i got a fairly good deal on a trade though. I traded a stock 02 Banshee that had about 80 hours on it even up. Was kinda a cool trade we met up in Milwaukee Wisconsin at Breweres stadium that's where i first rode my dale (in parking lot). It had a electrical short that i found right off the bat. Fixed it and haven't had any problems since. I really love the power this thing has. **** shame they went bankrupt, they definately had it goin on! Anybody on here had a chance to ride the yfz 450? Was kinda wondering how they compare. Thanks for your help!!

NRath

#4 Post by NRath »

I put a whoopin' on one at the XC race I ran a couple weeks ago. I'd say it probably had a lot to do with riders, though. I was dead last by about 20 yards off the starting line and had passed him before we got off the mx section on the first lap. Never saw him again. I tried to get him to line up for a drag race when the race was over... he wasn't taking me up on it. I'm not saying that means the quad is slower, though. I think it looks great!