Fuel-injectore line

Q&A about routine maintenance.
kenshin1

#1 Post by kenshin1 »

Wondering of someone can lead me in the right direction. I have a 2002 Cannibal, was given to me on my fathers death, and was told that one of the fuel lines that connects to the left-side injector needs replaced, sprays fuel where the clamp is. Ive worked on some 2strokes etc, but this one has me stumped. Ive removed the plastics and the gas-tank and am stumped about what else needs to come off to get to the injectors and the fuel-lines connected to them.. can someone lead me in the right direction, Ive read one post here and someone says they clean their injectors "all the time" and only takes "few"minutes, but that was all.. Do I need to remove the airbox etc, please help, the line that needs replaced is #7 in the picture

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

To get to the injectors easily, it's best to remove the air box. But, if you are only changing the line, you may be able to get to them from underneath. The lines are clamped on using an Oetiker clamp that is a use once clamp. They will need to either be cut off or unassembled.

If it were me, I would remove the airbox to do this, so I could see everything. To remove the airbox you will need to pull the screws in the airbox top, loosen the clamp that holds the airbox bottom to the throttle body (dead center underneath, easiest gotten from the left front of the quad with the left radiator deflector removed). You will then have a vacuum line and a n electrical connector connected to the bottom of the airbox. Use your fingers and push down on the sensor metal clip and the connector will come off, the vacuum line just pulls off. You are probably going to find that you need to replace all of your fuel lines due to cracking rubber and the same with the vacuum lines. The fuel line is high pressure fuel injection hose rated for at least 100psi and the vacuum line is 4mm. I use silicone vacuum lines so they last forever and the replacement FI line is much thicker and will last a londer time.

Who was your dad? Maybe some of us knew him that have been around a while. Don't be scared to post up and questions or issues, we will help you. Welcome!

kenshin1

#3 Post by kenshin1 »

Awesome, thanks for the timely reply.
His name was Denny Diffenderfer, out of Flagstaff, Arizona.

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

Sorry, I never had the pleasure of meeting or knowing your dad. Godspeed. We are here to help.