In-Tank fuel-line

Q&A about routine maintenance.
kenshin1

#1 Post by kenshin1 »

Ok, so there are 2 barbs inside the fuel-tank(with connected hoses that drop down into the inside-back of the tank), dont ask me how(with 3 ridges per barb) one of the hoses became disconnected, try as I may, I cannot get the one line reconnected to the barb, with the longest thinest needle-nose I could find. I think its safe to say once the fuel level goes below the right-side tank barb, that line will no longer get fuel, any ideas on what else I can try to get that hose inside the tank reconnected ?

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

You have an aftermarket kit provided by one of our vendors. Is the fuel line the one on the right or left as you are siting on the bike?

zoommx

#3 Post by zoommx »

QUOTE (kenshin1 @ Apr 15 2016, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, so there are 2 barbs inside the fuel-tank(with connected hoses that drop down into the inside-back of the tank), dont ask me how(with 3 ridges per barb) one of the hoses became disconnected, try as I may, I cannot get the one line reconnected to the barb, with the longest thinest needle-nose I could find. I think its safe to say once the fuel level goes below the right-side tank barb, that line will no longer get fuel, any ideas on what else I can try to get that hose inside the tank reconnected ?

I know this post is a few months old, and its been a while since I've had the fuel valves out, but can't you just remove the fitting with the barb and attach the line to it and screw it back into the tank?