Post Race/Ride Cleaning

Q&A about routine maintenance.
Racin Red

Post Race/Ride Cleaning

#1 Post by Racin Red »

Usually after a race/ride I hit the quarter wash bays to give my Cannibal a hosing. It never seems to get any cleaner.
Does anyone have any magical formula that they can recommend to get the dirt off? Especially in all the nooks and crannies where it hides.

EuroGOD

#2 Post by EuroGOD »

Hate to tell ya this, but the easiest (and safest) way of washing is still by hand with a light hose down afterwards.
Washing things with a high pressure hose usually forces the mud'n'chit further into nooks/cracks/bearings/elec.connections etc.
You'd be surprised on how much water gets on, and sometimes in, the airfilter from squirting the front as well...

There is no easy way...Blood, Sweat and Beers :drink: :drink:

Jaybr

#3 Post by Jaybr »

Fourwhls turned me on to Liquid Performance and it works great, but when I run out I'm gonna try the Mean Green, much cheaper.

CDMX215

#4 Post by CDMX215 »

i use castrol super purple cleane to get the quad clean & tooth brush to get in all little nooks then pressure wash once totally clean &dry spray w/ a product called mud off it puts like a clear sealant makes it shinny & cleans much easier next time

blaze#52

#5 Post by blaze#52 »

hey i pressure wash my quad after every race/ride. I use simple green to clean the quad, use a scrub brush on the tires. I use tire wet and spray the plastic down so the mud don't stick and the plastic is shiny