Help?????

Q&A about routine maintenance.
Bill31251

Help?????

#1 Post by Bill31251 »

I have 2 problems as of a just a week, when I go to turn the key on the fuel pump kicks on some times and then when I go to hit the start button NOTHING, then keep hitting and then it fires, this started happening Sunday, then I am stripping all the plastic off and cleaning everything before the NC, GNCC and I notice the clutch is very tight like if its in gear its very hard to move if you have the cluch pulled in, then on Sunday I also notice that if I tried to start it in gear it wanted to move some?? Any HELP please Thanks Steve

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

Well the starting thing always happens with mine too. The tight clutch is kind of interesting. Do you have a cable clutch or hydro clutch?

First part of your problem sounds like a loose connection somewhere.

Bill31251

#3 Post by Bill31251 »

It is the Hydro clutch may be time to rebleed???? and I have gone through and taken every connection apart and put dieletric grease on everyhting for the second time in about 2 months. If it needs a rebleed what kind of fluid??

bouncerdude

#4 Post by bouncerdude »

the clutch could be out of calibration on the basket itself. if there is enough wear and tear on the clutches themselves it might just need to be re calibrated. are you batery cables nice and tight? how are your grounds to the frame? any loose ones or corrosion?

Bill31251

#5 Post by Bill31251 »

the battery cables are tight I took them off and then put them back and then I also took the ground off and it still had some of the dielectric grease fromt eh last time. Thanks for the suggestions