air filter location

Q&A about routine maintenance.
rowlrag

cdale127

#1 Post by rowlrag »

cdale127, hey be sure to reglue the foam around the edge of your airbox tray.

cdale127

Re: cdale127

#2 Post by cdale127 »

Originally posted by rowlrag
cdale127, hey be sure to reglue the foam around the edge of your airbox tray.

already done......i used a better quality weaterstrip tape and it works like a champ....thx rowlrag:D

jcv440

#3 Post by jcv440 »

I used Goop to glue my foam down. It's a shoe base glue and it worked real good! $1 at your local Dollar General.

cdale127

#4 Post by cdale127 »

i was gonna use glue but i figured id just replace it, make it better while i was at it;) i dont know where my buddy got this weaterstrip but its awesome....i'll try to get a name and manufacture.

LapTraffic

#5 Post by LapTraffic »

Quick question, will lithium general purpose grease work for the seal at the back of the filter and the front where the clip goes or do I need something that is water soluable?

Also, it doesnt look like my air filter is treated with anything in the way of oil from the dealer. Do these 2 stage filters still require an oil dip to keep them working? Sorry if that's a stupid question.

Cannibal440

#6 Post by Cannibal440 »

I noticed the same thing the first time i had my front plastic off. Lucky for me it was the right after i got it home from the dealer.(I fouled a plug.) I was kinda upset that they let the bike out without oiling the filter, to say the least, but i had some and took care of it myself.