Mobil One oil

Q&A about routine maintenance.
MI_CDALE_Rider

Mobil One oil

#1 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

Has anyone used Mobil 1 Tri-synthetic 10W30 oil in their Cannondale? Any negative effects?

:cheers:

cdrookie

#2 Post by cdrookie »

i use mobil 1 5w30. always have. i believe in the theory that changing the oil often is WAY more important then the type of oil used.

MI_CDALE_Rider

#3 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

Originally posted by cdrookie
i use mobil 1 5w30. always have. i believe in the theory that changing the oil often is WAY more important then the type of oil used.

Thanks for the reply, I had heard that some oils may have an additive that can damage the seals in a dale, but not any hard facts regarding that.

I agree with changing the oil often (ever 5 hours for me).

smile.gif

cdrookie

#4 Post by cdrookie »

oil damaging the seals is bs. some people say not to use automotive oil in your atv cause the additives won't work well with the clutch plates. that's bs also. i change my oil after every race/ride, it's getting expensive. i'm thinking about using the cheapest oil i can find.

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

I agree with rookie. With a Cannondale oil changing frequency is much more important. It seems one thing gets loose in there and you are in a world of hurt.

As for the additives. I do think it can help make a clutch last longer. I tried alot of different brands and some made the fibers on my Z just spin. They didn't grab at all.

I have used mobil one red cap in the past and would use it again!

02Cannibal

#6 Post by 02Cannibal »

These guys are right. Most of the hype about oil is BS. Oils with friction modifiers, generally found in energy conserving oils, can make your clutch slip. Other than that, there is no threat to the engine. I've been running Mobil 1 red cap since I got the Dale, and have had no ill effects.

Oil is cheap, change it often!

MI_CDALE_Rider

#7 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

Originally posted by 02Cannibal
These guys are right.  Most of the hype about oil is BS.  Oils with friction modifiers, generally found in energy conserving oils, can make your clutch slip.  Other than that, there is no threat to the engine.  I've been running Mobil 1 red cap since I got the Dale, and have had no ill effects.

Oil is cheap, change it often!

Is the Mobil one "red cap" 15W 30 or ?

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

I think so it is the one you can buy from pep boys!

cannibalq8

#9 Post by cannibalq8 »

the best oil ever for me.. Motorex!!

3 months of VERY HARD using ( i just change my oils once ) then its blown coz i didnt know change it . i highly recommend it. i used motorex oil which is for streetbikes

http://www.motorex.ch/index.cfm?fuseaction...how&path=1-7-33

but they recently released for atv's..
Motorex ATV/Quad 4T - 10w40

http://www.off-road.com/atv/press/2004_04/moterex.html

unfortunetly i use another oil when i get my SBM engine coz on that time my dealer close his shop sad.gif

im intend to use again when i fix my engine

MI_CDALE_Rider

#10 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

Originally posted by cannibalq8
the best oil ever for me.. Motorex!!

3 months of VERY HARD using ( i just change my oils once ) then its blown coz i didnt know change it . i highly recommend it. i used motorex oil which is for streetbikes

http://www.motorex.ch/index.cfm?fuseaction...how&path=1-7-33

but they recently released for atv's..
Motorex ATV/Quad 4T - 10w40

http://www.off-road.com/atv/press/2004_04/moterex.html

unfortunetly i use another oil when i get my SBM engine coz on that time my dealer close his shop sad.gif

im intend to use again when i fix my engine

Motorex seems interesting although I went to the site for the new ATV oil and its printed on the label that its a semi synthetic 10w40 oil and its $6.95 a liter which is the same a Amsoil, Klotz, Maxxima, Mobil One etc.. which are all full synthetics. smile.gif