AMS Oil Question

Q&A about routine maintenance.
ozarkdaler

#11 Post by ozarkdaler »

I do not even have a fleet farm!!! I told you guys live near the end of the world. lol

MX Quad Dad

#12 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (Smitty911 @ Jan 30 2007, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where can we get the stuff without all the signup stuff.

I just want the oil.

Smitty

I signed up back when my son raced a Banshee. For what the banshee drank I saved my sign up fee with just a couple gallons of twocycle oil, but the retailers around here were way over minumum retail price.

jesshamner

#13 Post by jesshamner »

You can become a dealer of Amsoil pretty easily and its cheaper. The only thing is that you have to order it. But I have heard that it is still cheaper after shipping charges than other similar oils. And I have heard from tons of other racers that Amsoil is the only thing they will use.

Chicken

#14 Post by Chicken »

QUOTE (cjenkins @ Jan 31 2007, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do not even have a fleet farm!!! I told you guys live near the end of the world. lol

the closest gas station to me is aprox 45-50miles by boat or float plane
same with a TINY wal-mart and a few small stores. biggrin.gif

but i dont miss living in a town or city!!!!!!!!!!!!

im gonna pay out the a$$ for shipping anyway so i may as well go with amsoil

thanks for all the help guys

Chicken

arcsum68

#15 Post by arcsum68 »

QUOTE (Chicken @ Feb 3 2007, 03:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the closest gas station to me is aprox 45-50miles by boat or float plane
same with a TINY wal-mart and a few small stores. biggrin.gif

but i dont miss living in a town or city!!!!!!!!!!!!

im gonna pay out the a$$ for shipping anyway so i may as well go with amsoil

thanks for all the help guys

Chicken

I used AMSOIL on my 2-stoke and thought it performed quite well, saved me once for sure, I was able to "piggy back" on someone else's dealer membership and get a substantial discount.
The piggy back license cost me $20 for 6 months, but even 1 order was enough to offset the price of membership if you just buy it from someone thats selling it. (Alot of markup)
If you are going to use AMSOIL, I highly recommend signing up to be a dealer, or piggybacking a membership.

arcsum68

#16 Post by arcsum68 »

QUOTE (arcsum68 @ Sep 20 2007, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used AMSOIL on my 2-stoke and thought it performed quite well, saved me once for sure, I was able to "piggy back" on someone else's dealer membership and get a substantial discount.
The piggy back license cost me $20 for 6 months, but even 1 order was enough to offset the price of membership if you just buy it from someone thats selling it. (Alot of markup)
If you are going to use AMSOIL, I highly recommend signing up to be a dealer, or piggybacking a membership.

This guy is offering 6 months for $15 (or $30 for a year), but you still might want to look around.

http://www.ts-a-s.com/products/bosch/index.htm

Not only is the product about 25% cheaper, shipping is less too.