AMS Oil Question

Q&A about routine maintenance.
Chicken

#1 Post by Chicken »

i dont race and want to start using ams oil and wanted to know what type of ams oil you run through the engine and tranny???

without racing how long do you think it would be safe to run before changing fluids??

also stainless reusable oil filters---- yea-or-neigh

thanks

Chicken

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Stainless filters whether Factory or stock are fine as long as you have a updated motor/crank and magnets in all the right places if not stick with paper to help with crud.Here is oil I use.In winter I should really be running a lighter oil though.You can use it in tranny also.I run the golden spectro tranny oil.

BigRob

#3 Post by BigRob »

I have been running the Amsoil for about a year now in both the engine and trans with no problems.

I change the engine oil every 20 Hrs. and the trans every other oil change.

MX Quad Dad

#4 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I run the same oil Cannondale27 has pictured in both engine and trans.
I try to change engine oil every 10 hrs. but sometimes go a bit over.
When hitting the 10 hr mark for engine oil change, I usealy change the trany every other time.

I use Amsoil in everyting I own. It has suvived some amazing abuse that I have personly experanced.

CannondaleRider

#5 Post by CannondaleRider »

I also run the Amsoil 10w-40 Synthetic Motorcycle Oil, Engine and Tranny.

I change it after every race, maybe some practice time added to the interval also.

timbomoose

#6 Post by timbomoose »

I do believe in amsoil.There is no oil out there that can cause a motor never to wear,but there are better oils and amsoil is one of them.Some of the cleanest motors inside that I have disassembled have been running amsoil,but of course if you don't change your oil regularly no oil can help.I was getting shocks rebuilt about a year ago and the guy had a shock dyno.He had 2 brand new shocks never used and was replacing the fox shocks oil with amsoil.He placed the shock on the dyno with the stock fox oil.He did a few strokes and the shock started to fade and became warm a half a dozen more and the shock was so hot and you could barely touch it and the chart showed major fading.Then he dynoed the other shock with the same weight amsoil and did over double as many strokes and the shock only became warm and you could hold your hand on it and barely showed any fading.I was not a believer at the time but this converted me.The only thing that I will run in my shocks is amsoil.Sorry to say which makes me kind of a hipocrit is that I've been running mobile 1 full synthetic in the motor because of the convience right down the road.

Smitty911

#7 Post by Smitty911 »

Where can we get the stuff without all the signup stuff.

I just want the oil.

Smitty

wright

#8 Post by wright »

If you have a NAPA around they have it, the one buy me just started to handel it, think i might even change over to it.

ozarkdaler

#9 Post by ozarkdaler »

I have been using Mobil 1 because there is no one around that handle amsoil. Would this still be ok?

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

Of course.Any good synthetic is fine just change it alot.

Local Fleet Farms have Amsoil also.