oil changing do's and don'ts

Q&A about routine maintenance.
mikeracerx34

oil changing do's and don'ts

#1 Post by mikeracerx34 »

can someone tell me everything there is to know about changing the oil in a C-dale. Thanks

Cannibal440

#2 Post by Cannibal440 »

1. Start with a warm engine.

2. Open the fill plug on top of the right frame spar; this makes the oil flow better and u can get almost all the oil out of the left spar because both sides are connected, and with the bolt open, the oil will siphon from the right side.

3. Attach a tube from the left spar drain bolt, run the tube down to your catch pan, open the bolt.

4. Do the same for the drain bolt in the right spar.

5. Remove the oil filter cover plate, let all the contents drain and remove filter. Install new one, re-install cover. DO NOT OVER TORQUE THE BOLT!

6.Every couple of oil changes, remove the line on the back of the motor near the rear shock. Remove the filter and clean with brake parts cleaner, then use compressed ait to dry it off. Mine has never had anything on the screen, so I don't usually bother.

7.Remove tranny drain bolt, remove screen and clean in the same manner. BE CAREFUL re-installing it. Make sure the bolt threads down almost all the way with no resistance or the screen may be crooked. Use anti-sieze on the threads of the bolt.

8. I should have said this earlier, but don't over torque any of these bolts!

9. Re-fill the fluids, and check the levels.

10. Go find a 250R or Raptor or Z400, etc, and put a hurtin' on them!

mikeracerx34

thanks

#3 Post by mikeracerx34 »

thanks for the info, i just got a Blaze last nite and a buddy got a speed the day before.

TricityCdale

#4 Post by TricityCdale »

Congratulations and welcome. Be SURE and put anti-sieze on the tranny drain plug bolt.......otherwise it WILL sieze up. There is also an engine oil drain plug just to the right of the tranny drain plug that drains the oil left in the bottom of the motor. You might open that up and drain it out also.

Cannibal440

#5 Post by Cannibal440 »

Sorry, I was going from memory and I forgot about that one. Thanks tricityCdale!