filter numbers?

Q&A about routine maintenance.
4punksdad

filter numbers?

#1 Post by 4punksdad »

guy tells me that I can source the oil and fuel filter at any auto parts store with the correct WIX parts numbers. does anyone have the numbers?

Redman

#2 Post by Redman »

Napa has the fuel filters. It is a Napa Gold fuel filter part #3011. It looks exactly the same. It was only a couple of bucks, and they stocked it in the warehouse.
As for the oil filter, you should consider switching to a scotts metal screen type filter. Just clean and reinstall. My cannibal came with one in it. No problems yet.

4punksdad

#3 Post by 4punksdad »

thanks for the info redman

Knight440

#4 Post by Knight440 »

scotts metal screen type filter

Redman can you tell me where I can find this would my dealer have it?

NRath

#5 Post by NRath »

take your credit cards- those jokers are about $60! But you won't have to buy another one for a long time. Good Luck finding them. Call R&S- 812-279-5833, I bet he's got them.
Also, those little washers for the fenders are $2 for the thick ones and $1.60 for the thin ones! I'll be darn sure to do my best not to lose another one!

LapTraffic

#6 Post by LapTraffic »

I bought my Scott from R&S
Its a great unit and Im sure it'll pay for itself in the long run.

As for the plastic mounting hardware, I changed all of my allens to button head SS Phillips, much quicker to get the plastic on and off with and the aluminum ones were looking pretty ratty. Not pitting or anything but ratty none the less.

I also use the standard SS washer (.15 cents) It is not recessed but it works fine i.e. my plastic hasnt flown off while riding. And it's a **** of a lot cheaper than the OEM version.

The tricky one is that lower mounting bolt for the rear frame subassemply. I lost the one on the left side. It's a VERY unique unit. I didnt want to use a full thread bolt as the threads would damage the hole and eventually elongate it and lead to more trouble down the road.

I got a full thread bolt the right length and thread pitch and then bought a brass bushing. I had to machine out the inside of the bushing to fit the bolt and trim the length down a bit but it was a good fit and will let me ride until an oem version arrives, which reminds me, I need to order one smile.gif

Redman

Scotts oil filter

#7 Post by Redman »

Or you can contact scotts themselves. 1-818-248-bike. Or visit there website at www.scottsperformance.com .They are totally worth the money.