Anyone Racing at Extreme Weekend, VA Beach

Jaybr

Anyone Racing at Extreme Weekend, VA Beach

#1 Post by Jaybr »

Quads on the beach May 2-4th. I'm thinking about going down, just curious if anyone esle will be there.

dawzie

#2 Post by dawzie »

I think my son is going to watch. He was going to race but broke his wrist 10 days ago.

Jaybr

#3 Post by Jaybr »

Are you coming with him?

xtremesj

#4 Post by xtremesj »

Do you know any of the details of what the schedule and what the classes might be. I wouldn't mind going down and racing there.
Steve

dawzie

#5 Post by dawzie »

I have no clue what is going on there. I'll try a pry some info from my kid. I won't be going. My kid is working on a deal, a friend of a friend is going to be away that week, so he gets their beach house, something like that. Guess thats why I'm not invited biggrin.gif

Jaybr

#6 Post by Jaybr »

I called them today and they said the schedule and all info was listed in the May Dirtwheels in a full page add. I think he said page 59. Of course, I can't find the mag, my son forgot where he put it.

xtremesj

#7 Post by xtremesj »

Dale Rider
I am off Rt 3 out past the mall. It would be great to hook up sometime. I would also like to hook up with 4punksdad and ride. We have a pretty good group of guys that ride. I was checdking out the
ATV park in southern MD yesterday as I drove past it. The website for them is atvpark.tripod.com
Seems kinda expensive

fourwhls

#8 Post by fourwhls »

I will be there as usual. I will most likely be working but I will race also. I will be running 4st/250A.

Hopefully we will have a strong Cannondale turnout.

Just a hint to all that have never run MX on the beach; bring either stock Cannibal tires or similar. You will want 21s on the front and at least 20s on the rear. I tend to run 20s on the rear and a set of mohawk sand tires on the front.

My bike is Silver with a black Quadtech hood #76. I have a white 22ft enclosed hooked to a silver Dodge 2500 diesel. I will be parked on the beach. I will most likely be on a utility quad running around like a chicken with my head cut off, if its anything like the last few years.

Stop by and say hi, It would be great to meet some of you.

This event is a blast, and there is not too many places around here to ride on the beach.

Shawn

DMAC10

VA Beach

#9 Post by DMAC10 »

Hey fourwhls, I was thinking of coming down, but they are having a MX National in Michigan the same weekend. So not so sure whether to go North or South??? Never rode on the beach, sounds interesting. So would 20" Holeshot XCR and 22" XC work for the sand????

2002 Cannibal

40+ and still riding hard!!!

fourwhls

#10 Post by fourwhls »

DMAC,
That sounds like a good set up to me. Just keep the rear tire pressure as low as possible. I run between 2-3lbs.

You can make up your own mind about your travel destinations, but here's my oppinion:

MX National in the middle of nowhere or MX on the beach in a resort area with scarcely dressed women running around?

Doesn't sound like a tough decision to me.