Making the journey to Unadilla!!!

Derno24

#21 Post by Derno24 »

Last lap was fairly uneventful except for passing alot of people in other classes that I guess were starting to wear out. I come to that dang hill again and sure enough 3 for 4. I get half way up and a Honda comes rolling back at me. Stop dead and was tuck as I helped get the honda upright and up the hill. Sure enough after spending 3 mins getting the honda up the hill no one was willing to help a brother out. I roll it back down the hill and launch nasty style. Two wheels up in the air and giving the cowboy wahooooooo! As I get flying up the hill I am thinking if I had done this all day I am sure no one in their right mind would have gotten in front of the weird guy making noises. I finish off the lap in 15th place. Disappointed in the finish as I could have done better, but that is what racing is all about.

I had a good time and quickly realized that was really what mattered. I figure in total I lost about 15mins due to stupidity. Oh well!smile.gif

haydug

#22 Post by haydug »

Derno, I am racing this weekend, you want to come down and ride on the back?? You sure write a great strory!

Derno24

#23 Post by Derno24 »

What you racing a harescramble on the Z again?

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes that was the best.Darn glad you got a quad to race.Any race finished with effort is a great race.Doesnt sound like many did any better for sure.Whens the next race?

Derno24

#25 Post by Derno24 »

Well I think I am done nationals for the year as I have no one to go with. Also gas is pretty much putting a dent in the wallet. So I have a couple local events before the 12 hr on Haloween weekend. I think I may have to drag the wife to the local events and get some pics!

ex kid

#26 Post by ex kid »

:clap:

NRath

D@mn, Derno!!!!

#27 Post by NRath »

You've outdone yourself! That was a GREAT write up! It sounds like it was a rough race, but you had a lot of fun. I can't wait to get my tail on a track again!

And, can anyone believe there is a Cannondalerider with 15,300 posts!!!!!! OMG- I must've been sleeping!

TheJaspMan

#28 Post by TheJaspMan »

Derno! I can't believe you never stopped by and said 'hello!'!!!

Let me see if I can round up the Cdale shots from the race, I'll try and post them in a bit. Along with a few non-Cdale shots.

TheJaspMan

#29 Post by TheJaspMan »

TheJaspMan

#30 Post by TheJaspMan »