Maxxis 12hr's of America at Rausch Creek

kdeal

#21 Post by kdeal »

They swapped motors and are back out there!!!

:usa :usa :box:

twisted

#22 Post by twisted »

Whats goin on now?

twisted

#23 Post by twisted »

gooo cannondale!

twisted

#24 Post by twisted »

smile.gif

cdalerider75

#25 Post by cdalerider75 »

How did they do?

mxer450

#26 Post by mxer450 »

2 motors in about 4 hours......NOT good boys.........:cry:

CptHook

#27 Post by CptHook »

where's the story at?

gnccblaze440

#28 Post by gnccblaze440 »

we got to test ride the new polaris outlaw irs... i take a couple laps do the little doubles they have... i get off and let DIRT get on and he's putting around the track trying some opsticals. and the 2nd on he hits...not even 45 seconds on the quad he flips it. he turns it back over and now it doesn't start for him. he brings it right back and get off and says im done. so i hop back on and the right fender is flapping everywhere and now the thumb throttle is bent up. but the whole night we were still laughing about it, at first he thougt he broke his hand and than his legs is all sullen and got rode rash. this morning he says, i fell like i rode the 12 hour... i say you only rode 45 seconds... but the quad felt like it had no low end grunt to get you outta turns fast... ill let DIRT tell you his experince...

Derno24

#29 Post by Derno24 »

Well it took me a full day to unwind and get into a frame of mind to post what happened. I am not going into super detail other than to say we were 2nd in class and 1min behind 1st and in the top 15 overall out of 70 when a valve dropped. Not your typical split valve, but full drop. Happened on my 2nd lap out. Sounded like a jack hammer and then locked up. The quad was really hauling out there. We get towed back in and look at each other trying to decide if we wanted to swap motors or not. We had completed almost 3hrs of the race by now and had 3 more till intermission. I asked Randy if we should give it a whirl just so we could keep riding. Reluctantly we started. There were about 4-5 people all working really well. The motor dropped and we were strating to put the other one back in. The whole swap took about 2hrs. I want to thank Dirt, Gnccblaze440, Randy, and anyone else who jumped in and helped. Well we sat back and looked at each other trying to see if it would actually start. A couple crank and vroom. No recal no nothing. Chad got his gear on and hopped on the quad and took off. He went out and everyone held their breath and here came Chad after his first lap with a big thumbs up. Everyone was happy. Well Chad cranked out 3 more laps came in and Randy hopped on. We were thinking about the best way to get laps in before the break. Well Randy didn't even make it a 1/4 lap when the motor let go.

Now for the really sad part. When I dropped this motor way before the race GNCCblaze440 was with me. The drain plug looked a little nasty and I told him just to finger tighten it as I was gonna replace it before I used it. Well I never got the chance to change it. We realized this on our way out to push the quad back in after it blew. Guess what we were right the plug was gone and oil all over the nerf bars. Motor was dry and our day was done before the first 6hrs was up. I will go into more detail later. Sorry guys, but the 2nd motor really has me upset as something this stupid ended our day completely.

The drinking commenced at 1pm and continued all the way till 1am. I had a good time hanging out at the race and watching other teams ride all day.:drink: sad.gif

ex kid

#30 Post by ex kid »

Originally posted by Derno24
Well it took me a full day to unwind and get into a frame of mind to post what happened.  I am not going into super detail other than to say we were 2nd in class and 1min behind 1st and in the top 15 overall out of 70 when a valve dropped.  Not your typical split valve, but full drop.  Happened on my 2nd lap out.  Sounded like a jack hammer and then locked up.  The quad was really hauling out there.  We get towed back in and look at each other trying to decide if we wanted to swap motors or not.  We had completed almost 3hrs of the race by now and had 3 more till intermission.  I asked Randy if we should give it a whirl just so we could keep riding.  Reluctantly we started.  There were about 4-5 people all working really well.  The motor dropped and we were strating to put the other one back in.  The whole swap took about 2hrs.  I want to thank Dirt, Gnccblaze440, Randy, and anyone else who jumped in and helped.  Well we sat back and looked at each other trying to see if it would actually start.  A couple crank and vroom.  No recal no nothing.  Chad got his gear on and hopped on the quad and took off.  He went out and everyone held their breath and here came Chad after his first lap with a big thumbs up.  Everyone was happy.  Well Chad cranked out 3 more laps came in and Randy hopped on.  We were thinking about the best way to get laps in before the break.  Well Randy didn't even make it a 1/4 lap when the motor let go.  

Now for the really sad part.  When I dropped this motor way before the race GNCCblaze440 was with me.  The drain plug looked a little nasty and I told him just to finger tighten it as I was gonna replace it before I used it.  Well I never got the chance to change it.  We realized this on our way out to push the quad back in after it blew.  Guess what we were right the plug was gone and oil all over the nerf bars.  Motor was dry and our day was done before the first 6hrs was up.  I will go into more detail later.  Sorry guys, but the 2nd motor really has me upset as something this stupid ended our day completely.

The drinking commenced at 1pm and continued all the way till 1am.  I had a good time hanging out at the race and watching other teams ride all day.:drink: sad.gif

after watching them swap motors from across pit row I can say that the determination and heart were there, and all three were riding there ***** off.